Electronaut Edition...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennis

So, anyone get the details yet?

Got this email this evening... Ten days to decide...

---------------------------------------
BE FIRST, AGAIN.

Dear Electronaut,

We have great news about your BMW i3 ordering options. Being a member of an extraordinary group who has been first to adopt, engage and explore the boundaries of electric mobility, has led to many unique and memorable experiences. The exclusive opportunity for Electronauts to be first to order the revolutionary i3 produced for the U.S. market, is now yours.

Taking advantage of this opportunity is simple and quick. Contact your authorized BMW i Sales Center to place your order by January 17, 2014, let them know you are an Electronaut and provide the Unique Ordering I.D. provided to you in this email; this will ensure you have access to a suite of truly unique options, created just for you. These include first priority ordering of the i3, the ability to choose the specific option level you desire including paint color, and the addition of a special Electronaut Edition Package, at no cost to you.

With the order placed at your BMW i center, please take time to discuss the anticipated arrival of your i3 and the potential to bridge your ActiveE lease to coincide with its delivery, if necessary. If you decide to delay the purchase of your i3 and not take advantage of this limited offer, please proceed with the return of your ActiveE vehicle at lease maturity, as recommended by BMW Financial Services.

With this offer comes the gratitude from all of us at BMW, who have been fortunate enough to support you in launching the future. Please have a safe journey, and enjoy the silence.

Name:
Your Ordering I.D.:

Best regards,

The BMW of North America, BMW i Team

---------------------------------------

I guess it's time to see what's special and how much it will cost...

If anyone else already has the info on what's different for Active E participants... Please feel free to share.

Still on the fence,

Presume you know that there's a big thread about this email in the US i3 facebook group ?

Dennis,

All of the details aren't available yet. It seems the ActiveE drivers get these perks:

Priority ordering - we get the first i3's in the US
Free paint color choice ($550 option)
Free interior World choice ($2,700 if you get Tera)
Free special Electronaut Edition features: Yet to be announced but they will be features that aren't available to the general public. These will be special limited edition i3's with probably less than 300 made so it's conceivable they could command a higher resale value down the road.

What we are being asked to do is to tell your dealer if you want one or not but that order can be cancelled once you see what the Electronaut Edition special features are and what the final pricing is. You aren't even asked at this point to order any specific options, paint, etc. They just want to know if you think you'll be ordering it. However you need to confirm by next Friday because they need to tell the Leipzig plant about how many they will need.

Got the same email. Looking forward to ordering one. I am taking my ActiveE for "last service" next week. Hope the dealership is up to date on the ordering request. The last time I check they had no clue. I wonder what type of Lease offer they have for us?

Thanks Tom.

As usual you know more than the sales folks. I've spoken with my main guy and they don't have financing or residual values calculated yet for people.

Deposit is refundable. That's as much as he knew.

Trying to find one in the local area to help convince the better half.

Dennis:

I may have had it wrong. Isn't the communication from BMW just great! :evil:

The email BMW sent us had this in it:

Taking advantage of this opportunity is simple and quick. Contact your authorized BMW i Sales Center to place your order by January 17, 2014, let them know you are an Electronaut and provide the Unique Ordering I.D. provided to you in this email; this will ensure you have access to a suite of truly unique options, created just for you. These include first priority ordering of the i3, the ability to choose the specific option level you desire including paint color, and the addition of a special Electronaut Edition Package, at no cost to you.

The ", at no cost to you" leads you to believe everything before that is included in the "at no cost to you" so that is how we all interpreted it. Evidently now someone's salesman told them they got in touch with BMW and was informed that isn't correct, and only the special Electronaut Edition package is the only thing that is "at no cost".

So we are all in the dark as you are, yet we are supposed to order by Friday. You can't make this up...

Oh please please let one of the "unique options" be a heated steering wheel.

Please. Pretty Please? With electrons on top?

--Woof!

So...

February 4th is here...

There have been reports that the Electronaut Edition would be announced between February 3rd to February 5th... Figure, the 4th is in the middle...

Anyone know what the "official" specs are?

dennis said:
So...

February 4th is here...

There have been reports that the Electronaut Edition would be announced between February 3rd to February 5th... Figure, the 4th is in the middle...

We haven't been given any details on what will be "unique" as promised. However we did find out to day we get the DC Quick Charge option ($700) and the Heated Seats ($350) included at no charge.

TomMoloughney said:
dennis said:
So...

February 4th is here...

We haven't been given any details on what will be "unique" as promised. However we did find out to day we get the DC Quick Charge option ($700) and the Heated Seats ($350) included at no charge.

Well... That's something. Not as much as the choice of World and whatever the other thing originally rumored to be was, but still, it's something...

Thanks Tom.

dennis said:
TomMoloughney said:
dennis said:
So...

February 4th is here...

Well... That's something. Not as much as the choice of World and whatever the other thing originally rumored to be was, but still, it's something...

Thanks Tom.

We will get the info on the "special" Electronaut Edition features soon. Possibly tomorrow even.

I just visited my dealership yesterday (Friday 2/8). When I was there, I read the bulletin on what's included in the "Electronaut Edition." Since I'm not one of them, I didn't pay complete attention to it, but my recollection was that they were throwing in the heated seats and Harmon-Kardon radio option in at no charge, special floor mats, and perhaps some interior trim details. There was no special mention of the World level.

So the information is definitely out there.

David

I also saw the instructions for EE...
EE's has full option flexibility, first to order and $1600 worth free package. They sre
DC Fast changing
Heated Front seats
customized accessory package that includes
Interior and exterior badging
License plate frame
door sill badging
Embroidered front trunk liner
BMW I floor mats

EE edition will be released April 28th and launch edition will be released May 5th..
(I am not a Electronaut)

saisiv said:
I also saw the instructions for EE...
EE's has full option flexibility, first to order and $1600 worth free package. They sre
DC Fast changing
Heated Front seats
customized accessory package that includes
Interior and exterior badging
License plate frame
door sill badging
Embroidered front trunk liner
BMW I floor mats

EE edition will be released April 28th and launch edition will be released May 5th..
(I am not a Electronaut)

Thanks... I've heard the same from my salesperson... Now deciding whether this is worth it. It's a few grand less than the initial rumors.

With all the fuss about Electronaut Edition, I got my car at local dealer today and it turned out they have all the options I ordered but non Electronaut Edition extras were there. Huge dilemma. I don't see how BMW can get this car retrofitted or get me a new one with all the goodies. Has any other Active owners have similar experience? What was the resolution? :oops:

I purchased an abandoned EE order and they were able to remove all of the EE branding and accessories for me. I believe this happened at the VDC.

On the Facebook Group, another actual Electronaut decided to switch between a BEV and a REX. He was able to have a non-EE car transformed into an EE car, including the accessories and the price credit.

It's possible to resolve your issue, but beyond speaking to your CA, I don't have any specific sugestions.

dvottero said:
I purchased an abandoned EE order and they were able to remove all of the EE branding and accessories for me. I believe this happened at the VDC.

On the Facebook Group, another actual Electronaut decided to switch between a BEV and a REX. He was able to have a non-EE car transformed into an EE car, including the accessories and the price credit.

It's possible to resolve your issue, but beyond speaking to your CA, I don't have any specific sugestions.
bmwi3mnl

Yes, agreed, the EE package can be relatively easily added or removed at the VDC. Once the vehicle arrives at the dealer, things might get more complicated. In theory, the dealer could ask the VDC to ship the five stickers, Electronaut plaque and couple of accessories separate from the vehicle. They are relatively easy to apply in the detail and body shop. What's problematic is the EE Monroney label. That might be impossible to redo. Without the correct label, the ZEE package is not listed and cannot be credited.

At least that's what my sales manager said when I was debating if I should have it added to the REx I traded my BEV for. Should this be the case, your dealer could comp you for $1,750 out of their own pocket instead of trying to rectify the situation. The end result would be indistinguishable to you, which is all that should matter in this case. Did you inform the iConcierge? Worst comes to worst, you could insist on redoing the entire order. After all, this is not your fault in any way shape or form.

Thanks for advice guys
I will contact the BMW USA but I have to wait until Monday. Mean time, I felt I waited long enough to get this car and don't want to wait any longer not knowing the out come. Dealer did offer me some discount for not having DC fast charge (which is $700) and I don't see how it could be retrofitted. The other accessaries were also added. I will ask for the other Electonaut details to be added on.

bkkanu said:
Thanks for advice guys
I will contact the BMW USA but I have to wait until Monday. Mean time, I felt I waited long enough to get this car and don't want to wait any longer not knowing the out come. Dealer did offer me some discount for not having DC fast charge (which is $700) and I don't see how it could be retrofitted. The other accessaries were also added. I will ask for the other Electonaut details to be added on.
That's an interesting detail. Yes, absolutely, the DC fast charge inlet and the heated seats can be only installed at the factory. These options are worth $1,050 combined. The bling and Project i accessories added at the VDC are worth $700, which presumably includes the labor to install them as well. The VDC also prints and applies the Monroney label (price and information sticker) to the vehicle.

Back