Leasing a 2018 i3 Sport (BEV)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrink13

I live in the SF Bay area and my 2014 i3 lease has ended. Does anyone have experience in leasing the new 2018 i3 BEV Sport? I am interested in a fully loaded car with all the bells and whistles. The best deal so far is $2,500 down and $551 per month for 36 months. There do not seem to be any incentives at this time or any good deals. Has anyone had any luck thus far? Thank you.

Join the club. Fresno had REV's for $299 and Bev's for $199 ,this was around Thanksgiving. I saw an ad recently for $139 in Southern California with 5K down, so it'll be about 239 a month real cost. I'm not interested in a lease, but was quoted as high as 650 a month. I get the feeling that the sale people are getting better commissions for leases. Don't forget that if you lease, you'll probably have to put a set of tires on it when you turn it in as they don't wear well.

You're not obligated to answer to me, but you should have a really compelling reason to lease a 2018 (especially the current one). Later this year, the new i3 will be released with an even large capacity battery. If you're going to lease a new car, you may as well wait if you can really help it. Prices may be similar as BMW is starting to really stretch it with their MSRP's of i3's.

These monthly lease prices being quoted here are scary. You really sure you want to spend more per month on a lease of a new vehicle than the monthly payment on a finance of a used i3? Each to his own. I'm sure you have your reasons, but just want to make sure you're not overlooking the once in a lifetime opportunity to take advantage of 2015 inventories of lease returns that are selling for dirty cheap. Some as low as $15k.

I recently saw a 2014 i3 Rex with 46k miles and all the packages for $16k. That's not the one you want since you want a BEV, but it gives you an idea of the prices these have dropped to. With a BEV, you're clearly not expecting to put on a lot of miles. You understand the range limitations and your lifestyle fits it well enough to want an i3. if that's the case, there's plenty of 2015 BEV's for amazing deals as lot of people are looking at REX's instead. Probably even higher inventory of BEV models. I don't recommend a 2014. DC charging not standard, had a bunch of bugs, warranty is too limited since it's older and miles tend to be higher. 2015 is your sweet spot.

Again, not trying to talk you into it but just know what you're NOT doing by leasing a 2018. Believe me though, I'd love to be driving around in a red 2018 i3s. Boy that thing is beautiful and fast! But at $60k decked out, I'll have to pass. There's too many sub $20k ones to buy that are on the lot screaming out my name. You know the deals are good when the CPO prices are competitive with the private sales.

Go to leasehackr.com and check the i3 lease deals there. I'm in Wisconsin and just leased a $53k MSRP 2017 REx for $200.99/mo and only $670 in drive off fees. Can't even get a Leaf or Bolt for that! :cool:

This was a retired service loaner with 3,300 miles on it, but still, there are so many incentives you should be able to get a brand new left over 2017 for a nearly unbelievable price.

If you simply must have the refreshed 2018, expect to pay more but even then your quote of $500+ with that much down seems very high. You should get the $7500 rebate and another $2000 in BMW loyalty (as long as you can prove you had a BMW registered to your address in the last year) at minimum.

Again, go to leasehackr and read more details there.

Back