Ordered a i3S today!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexDP

So I just made my order on a :

i3s 94ah with the range extender

colour : imperial blau. I like fluid black, but I am afraid of scratches...

Interior : The full leather brown Suite interior with dark wood.

it has every option except:
Apple Carplay (coding)
Advanced bluetooth (coding)
blue belts (ugly)

my daily drive is arround 60km.

After the test drive I was impressed with the performance of the i3 , kinda stoked to experience the i3S!

5 month wait now...

I have a 2017 i3 with REX.

Best decision I have ever made.

Range is more than adequate.

Congratulations

Congrats! I don't know if 5 months is the average. But it is the same amount of time for me when I got my 2017 Rex.

If you're curious, there are sites out there that guide you on how to track your order. Just google bmw track delivery.

Once your order's been allocated a VIN number, the dates will firm up. I read somewhere that production runs are scheduled monthly. So if you're obsessive about it, check if your order has been assigned a VIN number after the 1st weekend of each month. Once a VIN number has been assigned, it's basically 6-8 weeks for it to arrive at your dealer, if you're in North America.

When I ordered mine last year, it was last week of July. So it didn't make it to the August run. Then apparently, the September run was mainly to fulfill orders for right-hand-drive versions. My order ended up in the production run for 2nd week of October. From there, I tracked it through to when the ship dropped it off at Nova Scotia. After that, it was a 10 day wait for it to get on a train to be delivered to my dealer in Vancouver.

Back