December i3 deals

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danix

I'm on the fence whether to go new or CPO, so thought I'd share what I've seen so far.

New 2017:
$9500 in lease cash available

can also add if eligible:
- $1000 recent graduate
- $2000 existing i3 owner
- $2000 off purchase or $1000 off finance or $500 off lease (USAA)

Sales discounts average 9% off MSRP with a high of 13%

CPO:
0% financing available

We just picked up a very low mileage CPO 2014 REX with the 0% financing offer. We went this route because our insurance settlement for our previously totaled MINI paid for the sales tax on a purchase but not for a lease. Also we drive about 15,000 miles per year.

I think I need a 2017 for the extended battery range. I'm tempted to wait for the 2018 with and even bigger range, but I need a car soon. I see used 2017 going for as low as 33k, but I want a Fluid Black and they seem to be next to impossible to find. New units are discounted up to 11k off MSRP, and then there's at $7500 federal tax credit and for me, at least another $2500 form California. I found a ton of other possible rebates that I may qualify for. For me new seems to be the obvious answer as that's at least 21k off MSRP. As i recall the cheapest Fluid Black i3 I found was MSPR less the basic 1ok in rebates. It'll be my first NEW car. YMMV

goingtoarizona said:
I'm tempted to wait for the 2018 with and even bigger range, but I need a car soon.
The 120 Ah battery pack apparently will be introduced on the 2019 models which likely won't be available in the U.S. for ~1 year. 2018 models have the same 94 Ah battery pack as the 2017 models.

I ended up getting a base REX because no BEV were available by the time I was ready. A few thoughts:
  • backup camera would be nice but the base model has sensors
  • tech package seemed like a must but I realized most of the time I'll be using Waze on my phone so I skipped it
  • Tera package is super pricey at $2500 for basically leather
  • base model includes comfort (keyless) access which is cool

Other than the fact I paid $50k for a car with 2 speakers, I can live with the rest. It doesn't sound bad with just the two, but the Harmon Kardon is much better.

danix said:
Other than the fact I paid $50k for a car with 2 speakers, I can live with the rest. It doesn't sound bad with just the two, but the Harmon Kardon is much better.
The base entertainment system actually has 4 speakers all up front.

How do you negotiate a good deal a on a new i3? I've been in contact with 3 dealers and they all want top dollar for last years models. Been waiting for days for pricing. None of them will quote a price, only payments, then I have to do the math to find out it's all MSRP. Then they tell me they have the car I want, only to find out it's not black and it's used, at new pricing!!! All this back and forth is been very frustrating, but I refuse to pay MSRP for a 2017 in 2018.

goingtoarizona said:
How do you negotiate a good deal a on a new i3? I've been in contact with 3 dealers and they all want top dollar for last years models..
Widen your search. You don't say where you're located...perhaps Arizona? Look in S. Cal or maybe some east coast dealers.

I “purchased” ( not leased) one with MRP of 52.400K with 17K off and 2k rebate for finance. Used 10K off corporate fleet for purchase and had a 2K off based on the existing i3 i had.
So How much did i overpay ?

danix said:
I ended up getting a base REX because no BEV were available by the time I was ready. A few thoughts:
  • backup camera would be nice but the base model has sensors
  • tech package seemed like a must but I realized most of the time I'll be using Waze on my phone so I skipped it
  • Tera package is super pricey at $2500 for basically leather
  • base model includes comfort (keyless) access which is cool

Mine didn't have the backup camera but I bought one called the RVS WiFi backup camera which uses your cell phone for the display
so I picked up an android to leave in the car all the time. It was wired up to the rear power source in the trunk. This may be all you
need as the dealer said nothing could be added if it didn't come installed from the factory.

PS: I am in Canada & I got mine from Canadian Tire store.

Yes ,
It looks like base model includes comfort (keyless) access.
I got the Mega package , as other were sold out. paid 1,400 extra for it

The sticker said $700 for the blue ( other sources said its 550 ) ???
The sticker said Mega package - $1400 for the alloy wheels ( other sources indicate alloy wheels are standard for all )

I also got some extra internal door lights , which may or may not be standard in deka

If any one can put some light into these differences between the Mega and deka , i would appreciate in the 2017.
Apart from different color , i think the seats may be padded a little more than deka

Also the internal HDD looks to be missing , which was their in my 2016 rex Value edition.

New here and new owner (first post)
I encountered similar at Herb Chambers Boston. Was able to walk out at 165 per month, 36mo/10k with 1980 down (fees etc) on a 2017 sticker at just shy of 51k. It's a BEV only model with all the tech. I used all of the discounts danix described minus loyalty. BMW corporate must be subsidizing heavily. Was going to get another smart electric but this was too good to pass up.
Super excited. :mrgreen:

danix said:
I'm on the fence whether to go new or CPO, so thought I'd share what I've seen so far.

New 2017:
$9500 in lease cash available

can also add if eligible:
- $1000 recent graduate
- $2000 existing i3 owner
- $2000 off purchase or $1000 off finance or $500 off lease (USAA)

Sales discounts average 9% off MSRP with a high of 13%

CPO:
0% financing available

Back