I'm going to get mine on SATURDAY!!!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretendica

I'm joining the club, ya'll!!! I just put a down payment on a 2014 BEV with 30k miles on her. I'm so pumped. :cool: :cool:

Congratulations. We've had our 2014 for a month now, and we love it. It's still a thrill every time I get in the car.

It took me months to find one at the right price. I live in Nebraska, and all the ones here have range extenders. So naturally they cost more. I found a bev in Kansas city. Tip to anyone renting a uhaul trailer: it's cheaper to rent it round trip than it is one way. Rent it for 24 hours. I'm trading in my 2002 Xterra with 123,000 miles on her. I'm going to miss that truck. One year there was a blizzard that closed down i-80. That Xterra made it back home through un-plowed back roads. The i3 won't be able to do that. But that's ok, that's what my wife's car will be for now, long trips when necessary.

It's silver. I kinda wanted the orange one... but there weren't any near me. I didn't want silver, the Xterra is silver, and I wanted a new color. Oh well. It's got the 5 spoke swirl rims(not sure what else to call them). So at least it's not the base model. Harmon Kardon stereo, and parking assist, not that I need it, but it's for the COOL factor. :cool: I already bought a OBD II readr, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS?tag=vs-auto-convert-amazon-20 hope that one will work. Do you have to buy something from the BimmerCode app to get it to work? Or will it just work after you've downloaded it? Thanks

Pretendica said:
Do you have to buy something from the BimmerCode app to get it to work? Or will it just work after you've downloaded it?
After being downloaded, BimmerCode runs in demo mode only. For it to read the electronic modules in your car and update the values of parameters that alter various behaviors of each module, you must license BimmerCode by paying the developer a licensing fee.

alohart said:
Pretendica said:
Do you have to buy something from the BimmerCode app to get it to work? Or will it just work after you've downloaded it?
After being downloaded, BimmerCode runs in demo mode only. For it to read the electronic modules in your car and update the values of parameters that alter various behaviors of each module, you must license BimmerCode by paying the developer a licensing fee.

Thanks for the response. What's it cost like $35? Whatever, it's worth it.

Back