l long trips?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki3

Hi all. Prospective 94ah rex owner - how do people feel it wil do for a long trip of about 250 each way to London?
Would propose to charge up 80% on each leg, and also in london at some point while parked - we do a weekend in london about 10 times a year so would be useful if it would be feasible. Anyone experience of charging infrastructure and its reliability along the m6, m40 motorways and in london?
Thoughts?

Sorry, I don't have any idea bought London. I think you should search in google and check out the reviews of users.

it's certainly possible but budget time and money for CCS stops (£6 a throw for 30mins) and petrol for REX. It works out around 35 to 40 mpg imp. on petorl - not very aerodynamic car so keep to around 65mph or less.

The cd of the i3 is 0.29...actually, that's considered quite good. The drag increases radically on any car as the speed goes up...it is not linear. It doesn't matter what car you have, the energy required to go faster goes up the faster you drive it. The speed factor is the square...so, say 30mph verses 60 mph, doubling it would create 4x more drag (2*2). Take 65mph verses 75mph...75*75/65*65=1.33, or a third more energy to just go 10mph faster between 65 and 75. On an EV, that energy is easily calculated...on an ICE, there may be 'sweet' spots in the rev range where it gets better or worse based on engine speed.

Back