Finally ....... some interior shots

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Finally photos taken by someone actually interested in the car.

Some great shots.

OK the outside is pretty disguised and so is a lot of the interior ..... but you can see the seat material (non leather version) it looks interesting. I'm not wild about the blue trim (it does seem BMW are very keen on putting blue everywhere on the i3 - not sure how it will look on a Red or Orange car!

You can also see the rear legroom ........OK the drivers seat is well forward.... but it looks reasonable at the moment.

Everything so far looks well put together .... panel gaps look small and consistent - and the seals look like they fit tightly.

http://www.autokarma.de/hautnah/erwischt-der-bmw-i3-erlkonig-hautnah/

Enjoy ....its been a long wait!

Ok so this is the 4 door BMW, and it has a pillar running through it? I thought they were supposed to remove the pillar from door, and have seat belts attached to the seats instead... This is not "80 % of the concept being kept"- I have a feeling this car might turn out being a disappointment comparing to concept work. There is a ton of people being excited on bmw's facebook page abut the concept car, and they are in for a sour surprise when production model comes up.

YashuV said:
Ok so this is the 4 door BMW, and it has a pillar running through it?

No. There is no pillar.

The front seat belts are attached to the rear "coach" door but I'm sure access to both the front and rear will be easier than most regular cars ......... plus the front doors are frameless which is a nice touch.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-6734117.html?fotoshow_item=2#fotoshow_item=6

Also now we've seen the production interior ..... we can see this picture shows the Grey / Black cloth interior option (no Blue!)

klaus said:
I love the front seat, the backrest is so thin. I wonder if it will be very soft/comfortable though?

I don't think they are as thin as they initially look ....... the back is covered in black. I think they are thinner than standard car seats but not as thin as the concept, knowing BMW they will be comfortable.

klaus said:

Glad to see all the searching is paying off ...... the pictures of the almost undisguised Black and White cars are turning up on virtually every BMW website!

klaus said:
I love the front seat, the backrest is so thin. I wonder if it will be very soft/comfortable though? [/url]
Klaus ...... looks like you are right. A Quote from BMW insider Scott26 says the i3 has "razor thin CFRP seats"

He also says .... " Interior options can also mimic the concepts in the same blue and white sci-fi finish"
I REALLY hope this is an option that you can DELETE! - to my eyes its a very cheap looking Blue - that would seriously restrict colour choices ...... and looks naff

Great find Parker! Thanks for keeping the info flowing here this week. I've been away on holiday for the past week which is why I haven't been posting but I'm back now. Thanks for keeping the torch lit! ;)

Welcome back Tom. What a week to go on Holiday! ..... it looks more and more likely that the 29th July is going to be the BIG reveal day.

I'm lucky to be at the official UK launch 3 days later.
Hopefully it will be close enough to the World launch to still have all the BMW technical bods there so I'll be able to ask questions people may have.

Parker said:
Welcome back Tom. What a week to go on Holiday! ..... it looks more and more likely that the 29th July is going to be the BIG reveal day.

I'm lucky to be at the official UK launch 3 days later.
Hopefully it will be close enough to the World launch to still have all the BMW technical bods there so I'll be able to ask questions people may have.

Thank you. Yes, July 29th is the official date. This is great because I was really hoping they would introduce it before Frankfurt in September. Less than a month now! :)

Speaking of seats - didn't the concept have a bench seat and no console so you could exit either side of the vehicle? I guess that got dropped.

klaus said:
Speaking of seats - didn't the concept have a bench seat and no console so you could exit either side of the vehicle? I guess that got dropped.

Yes it did Klaus:
2011-11-09_10-32-02_57.jpg

Some slightly less disguised interior shots........

I think with the right colour combinations the interior will look gorgeous.

attachment.php

Plus photo of boot space........

As I've said elsewhere on this forum ....... take out the parcel shelf and there is a reasonable size boot in the i3.

Looks like the rear seat is split 50 - 50 ....... not the usual 60 - 40 ....... I suppose that makes sense with it being just 4 seats.

I wonder if they will ever offer a 5 seat option - I don't see any physical reason not to (unlike the Volt) ...... I know a number of people didn't go the Volt route because it only had 4 seats.

Parker said:
Looks like the rear seat is split 50 - 50 ....... not the usual 60 - 40 ....... I suppose that makes sense with it being just 4 seats.

I wonder if they will ever offer a 5 seat option - I don't see any physical reason not to (unlike the Volt) ...... I know a number of people didn't go the Volt route because it only had 4 seats.
Agreed. I'm surprised also. In fact today's blog post is about this:
http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2013/07/was-giving-i3-only-4-seats-unforced.html

Car and Driver

I'm really digging the brown colored seats!

http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-13q2/522747/2014-bmw-i3-interior-photo-526655

TomMoloughney said:
Parker said:

Agreed. I'm surprised also. In fact today's blog post is about this:
http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2013/07/was-giving-i3-only-4-seats-unforced.html

Whilst it’s great that these innovative projects are Engineering led .... I do think there should be a feedback loop through Marketing/ Customer research. The Audi A2 was another prime example of Engineering triumphing over common sense. I’m sure the mantra for the i3 was “low weight, low weight” but the decision to make the i3 a pure 4 seater does seem a bit of an own goal. I’m sure if customers were asked if they would prefer a 4 seater that did 100 miles or a 5 Seater that did 90, the vast majority would choose 5 seater and 90 miles – I obviously have no way of knowing if that’s what the figures would have been but I can’t imagine the weight increase for the 5th seat belt would have made more than 10 miles difference ..... maybe the i3 will be offered with 5 seats ...... but looking at the rear seat split I don’t think so. ........or maybe BMW wants to leave some room for the i5

BeepEe said:
Some pics pre 29th july

http://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/scoop-de-productieversie-van-de-bmw-i3-60554

Great Find.

I never thought the production car interior would look anything like the concept ...... how wrong I was.
Very un-German automotive.

I suppose I couldn't see how the slab of wood running across the dash would work, now I see its the top of the dash and now it makes sense.

I really hope BMW orientate the dash properly for RHD drivers i.e. the infotainment on/off switch and the climate display are on the side nearest the driver. Fingers crossed.

Back