Project i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerbeast

Hello everyone I recently purchased a 2015 i3 REX Terra world. I come from the M community so this electric world is very new to me but Im really enjoying the experience. Please follow my thread as myself and ACM WEST transform this i3 into a one of a kind road worthy electrical machine.

Stay tuned for many updates!!!

https://flic.kr/p/rm65Yb

Cool.

Interesting to see if you can apply mods without impacting the vehicle's electrical efficiency.

I33t said:
Cool.

Interesting to see if you can apply mods without impacting the vehicle's electrical efficiency.

Absolutely yes! Mods wouldn't make sense if they drained more power.

Tint looks great.

I struggled with going white or grey, grey ended up winning. Hope to pick mine up Thursday morning!

I wanted Andesit Silver and my wife wanted Ionic silver so we compromised and bought Solar Orange instead.

If you're making mods to the car be careful if you chang wheels - BMW have put a lot of effort into making the wheels aerodynamic.

janner said:
If you're making mods to the car be careful if you chang wheels - BMW have put a lot of effort into making the wheels aerodynamic.

Not just the aerodynamics, but differences in wheel offset will affect suspension / steering geometry. Wider wheels / tires will affect steering, rolling resistance, hydroplaning, etc. Same goes for lowering - the suspension and steering components are calibrated and adjusted for the stock ride height, and there is already limited front suspension travel.

imolazhp said:
Oh my, everyone is so scared to modify. I say mod away!

Not scared to mod at all, but definitely concerned about damaging the vehicles great efficiency.

Very happy to hear Powerbeast has his priorities sorted and looking forward to results.

I sure hope if efficiency is your only priority that you always drive in Eco pro +. I, on the other hand wish we had a sport option. Efficiency isn't everything and minor tweaks will probably only have minor effects.

Mod away!

imolazhp said:
I sure hope if efficiency is your only priority that you always drive in Eco pro +. I, on the other hand wish we had a sport option. Efficiency isn't everything and minor tweaks will probably only have minor effects.

Mod away!

I beg to differ. Regardless of how I (or anyone else) drives, the inherent efficiency of the vehicle directly relates to it's consumption of electrons. Modifying the vehicle and impacting that inherent efficiency would impact energy use for all driver styles, not just those that drive in EcoPro+

And yes, I do drive in EcoPro+ most of the time unless I am on the freeway or need heating or cooling, when I switch to EcoPro due to the EP+ speed limiter and no cabin temp control. Efficiency is my main priority, but not my only one.

Back