jpa2825

Re: iRemote app improvements

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 am

Just took delivery on SAT, so forgive me if this is a RTFM or has been answered elsewhere:

Can the iRemote App or Connected Drive text the owner when charging completes? How 'bout if it is interrupted? Had this with my Leaf and really liked it.

eneka

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:26 am

jpa2825 wrote:Just took delivery on SAT, so forgive me if this is a RTFM or has been answered elsewhere:

Can the iRemote App or Connected Drive text the owner when charging completes? How 'bout if it is interrupted? Had this with my Leaf and really liked it.

No as far as I know. It does give you the projected time of completion however which I found to be pretty accurate.
2015 i3 rEX Arravani Grey giga, parking, tech, 20"

i3StormTrooper

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:08 am

When you opt to precondition on demand, how about an option to cancel it -

I preconditioned to leave at lunch, but then got booked into a 1230 meeting and there is no way to cancel the recondition.

Will it 'time out' if the car is not operated say within 20 minutes? Or do I need to go to my car and turn it off?

thanks

m6rk

Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:44 am

On the iRemote app, I would like also to see the distance covered by each mode: comfort, ecopro and ecopro+

It can be a pie chart or three colored line, whatever. I believe this data may motivate many people to save a little bit more energy. Additionally, when the car will be on 2nd hand market this data will certainly be useful.
Last edited by m6rk on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jadnashuanh

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 pm

i3StormTrooper wrote:When you opt to precondition on demand, how about an option to cancel it -

I preconditioned to leave at lunch, but then got booked into a 1230 meeting and there is no way to cancel the recondition.

Will it 'time out' if the car is not operated say within 20 minutes? Or do I need to go to my car and turn it off?

thanks

Everything stops about 30-minutes after the departure time set. No need to go shut it off. Note, departure time only works to condition the batteries if it is plugged into an EVSE, but you can precondition the cabin anytime. It's possible to 'uncheck' the departure time in the app, which should cancel it at the car.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV

Return to “Suggestions for BMW”