More preconditioning options

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodHam

I live in Quebec where cold weather exist with abundant inexpensive renewable energy.

I use the car often thru the day for errands at work, and would like an option to maintain conditioning, in effect to split the power input to the car for charging and maintaining the battery temperature. I think it would only take 1 to 3 kW/h to maintain peak efficiency battery and confortable cabin temps, I don't really need a full battery charge during the day as I have enough range. I much prefer the way the car feels and operates after a timed departure preconditioning then I do during the first 15 to 20 minutes of cold battery driving in cold weather.

I envision a menu choice popping up when I park and shut-off, below the (Activate comfort climate control) that pops up currently offering the additional choice to (Maintain conditioning ) as long as the car is plugged into the grid within lets say 5 minutes.

Back