Intelligent low-cost/immediate charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I3Canadian

I use pre-set preconditioning and low-cost charging options in my i3. I find it irritating on occasions when I use a public charging station between my preset preconditioning time (say 4pm) and my preset low cost charging time (say 2:30am) that I have to change the setting to "Charge immediately", otherwise the car expects to wait until the 2:30am preset for low-cost charging.

My suggestion is that an addional geographic/address setting be added to the low-cost charging option to signal to the car that at my home the low-cost charging is valid and therefore delay the charging, but everywhere else charge immediately. In this way there would be no need to change the setting just to charge at a public station.

2nd this, even if there are workarounds.

Low Cost Charging can be turned off from the app. But that's only if you did remember to check the charging status.

Also, if you have a L2 charger at home (mine's a ChargePoint) that let's you set a similar Low Charging schedule, then you can use that instead and leave the i3 set to charge anytime.

Back