Car quality control

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mckp

First of all I've always been a fan of BMW car finishes and quality.

When I got the 2017 i3 built in July. There were some issues that surprised me.

1. The carpet was cut short near the acceleration pedal exposing the white underside. How it passed quality control is beyond me.

2. For some reason BMW decided not to have auto dipping chromematic side mirror in the passenger side. What's the point in having auto dipping mirrors at night when head lights still shine in your eyes at night.

3. The recycled hemp plastic resin had sharp pieces that came off from the inside of the doors.

4. The paint appears to flake off easily. When I got the car brand new some paint had flaked off the handle. When the dealer repaired this they managed to somehow flake off another piece from the corner of the door. I suspect this is as much carelessness as it is to do with the quality of the paint work.

5. Halogen headbeams and side indicators at the front of the car. I know that this is addressed in the facelift model. Making all exterior lights LED.

Unlucky. Someone was obviously having a bad day in quality control. Mine seems flawless so far. Not helpful, i know!

What year was your car made? I think after 2015 and 2016 March 2017 they started making some cut backs

My rear seat seat belt was installed incorrectly; in short it was backward. Will snap a pic later tomorrow

Back