Charge delay selection button near the EVSE plug

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkurmaniac

Put a switch or push button inside the charge door area, that you can simply toggle between "charge now" and "value charge". Having a button there would be easier and simpler than having to set it via the e-drive from the interior. Maybe have it default to "value charge" unless the "charge now" button is held down when the EVSE is plugged in.

That would be nice!! I have Philips level 2 charger and it has 4 delay button on it, 2, 4 ,6 and 8 hours.

There are a few ways to handle this if your EVSE doesn't have the capability, but only if you EVSE will turn on without issues after power application. Many smart home options that could control the power to an EVSE for not a lot of money. Not all EVSEs will properly work after power is applied if they're already plugged into an EV.

One thing that I'd like to see is the option to keep the EVSE plug locked in. It originally was that way, but got changed to unlock once the car reached 100% SOC. That's fine if you're on a public EVSE so that someone could use it as soon as yours was done (assuming it would reach), but if you're using your own EVSE or cable, you might not want it to unlock so someone could swipe it easily, or plug theirs into your home EVSE without permission.

Back