Measurement of the Temperature in the inverter

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinoyer

Hello all,

I would like to some things with my i3, but the first of all would be to read the exact temperature the IGBTs of the inverter have (it sounds a little freaky, but it is :) ). The IGBTs are from Infineon, and they have a explanation of how to measure the temperature in the IGBTs but in another inverter board:
http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN2014_08_Hybrid_Kit_for_HybridPACK2-AN-V02_04-en.pdf?fileId=db3a30432239cccd01225a7cfb166c8a
It is more or less simple to find the points with the voltage and translate them to the Temperature. But this is a evaluation board, and the BMW i3 uses another one.
Could someone help in this task?

Assuming you need to get to the board to test this, and on the i3, that assembly is in a sealed box, my guess is that opening it would void your warranty and expose you to high voltage and current that could be quite dangerous if you didn't know exactly what you were doing and took all of the safety precautions. If you have a BMW specific test tool, it might be able to monitor that sort of thing via the OBD port, but I haven't checked.

Would be nice to have battery temperature and also coolant temperature for the electronics/motor circuit.

Back