VW apology accepted

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Electrify America, the $2B VW fine for cheat diesels, opened the Manchester TN charging station. The first customer, I updated PlugShare with my comments. Any credit card works, no membership requirement. This makes EV driving between Huntsville AL and Nashville TN possible.

I can't call EV driving cross country practical but possible. It adds ~25 miles and an extra hour. The direct route is 117 miles, 2 hours gas and electric versus all electric, 142 miles, 3 hours. But gas costs ~$6 on the direct route versus the ~$9, midway charge. So if the REx fails to run, I can still get home on battery.

Bob Wilson

VW_EVSE_010.jpg

VW_EVSE_020.jpg

VW_EVSE_030.jpg

VW_EVSE_040.jpg

VW_EVSE_050.jpg

VW_EVSE_060.jpg

VW_EVSE_070.jpg

VW_EVSE_080.jpg

VW_EVSE_090.jpg

Nice, I am excited as we should be getting some of those in Iowa soon. If I wanted BEV my only option to cover anything out of my little corner of the state is Tesla.

viking79 said:
Nice, I am excited as we should be getting some of those in Iowa soon. If I wanted BEV my only option to cover anything out of my little corner of the state is Tesla.
Tesla did something clever with their CHAdeMO adapter. It means exclusive use of their SuperCharger network plus access to the Electrify America chargers. In contrast, the other CCS equipped EVs are pretty much limited to these chargers.

Bob Wilson

Last Friday, I revisited the Manchester station and nothing worked. I called support and after an hour of testing every charger and three different credit cards, nothing. They promised to call once the technicians showed up to repair. Still broke.

I did leave a comment on PlugShare.

Bob Wilson

Back