I3 demonstrators on the UK market?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee123

There are a couple of i3s on Autotrader being sold as nearly new. Likely to be demonstrators. Discounted prices seem low.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/bmw/i3

Interesting but I'd be surprised if they are demo cars. Firstly, I thought most, if not all, the demo cars were 63 plate cars and it would be odd if BMW were to release ex demo 14 plate cars before 63s. Secondly, the first claims to be a private seller and the phone number for the second car is the same local 'exchange' as my phone, within two or three miles although I haven't seen it around, which is outside Leeds city and won't be a dealer number.

I believe the white one was at Stratstone Leeds, it was delivered the same week as mine. Agree with @RJSATLBA I don't think they were demos, as the demo fleet is 63 plate, and as far as I understand it cannot be sold as they are pre-prod models.

Don't think they are ex-demos, my dealer said they don't own them (sales guy said he wanted one as his company car and wasn't allowed) and as previously pointed out they are all 13/63 with the "Y" prefix for Yorkshire which is where the BMW Distribution Centre (Thorne) is located.

I suspect any being sold by dealers are cancelled orders/declined finance etc and the private sellers could be speculators selling at list price and trousering the govt OLEV grant.

mark1 said:
The private sellers could be speculators selling at list price and trousering the govt OLEV grant.

Hmm. My dealer made me sign an attestation that I'm not buying for commercial purposes i.e. I'm not planning to resell it shortly after purchase :? . Apparently it's required by BMW UK for cash buyers...

This is probably partially done to discourage spectator purchasers... Doesn't mean it's impossible but will be a move for the metal-hearted... :twisted:

One of the cars is back on Autotrader if anyone is interested. It's being sold by a dealer (Strathstone) and has 1400 miles on it thereabout. Specs: BEV white with 429 wheels, winter pack, parking assist pack, loft interior, professional navigation. It's £31992 :eek:

The lack of DC charge surprises me. A BEV without DC :?: :!: Really :?: I guess for city use only.

Piety sure that the white one doesn't have park assist (can't see sensors at the front or the button in the interior). Or a CD player :D . Big mark up on the UK drive away price with the grant.

Bill

My dealer made me sign an attestation that I'm not buying for commercial purposes i.e. I'm not planning to resell it shortly after purchase :? . Apparently it's required by BMW UK for cash buyers...
Not for this cash buyer! :lol:

Back