Rear storage compartment for the BEV

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about that empty space & absolutely agree that an extra battery pack should be offered as an option - really would be great to have the extra range!! And it may swing more people into going fully electric....

dvemer said:
I've been thinking about that empty space & absolutely agree that an extra battery pack should be offered as an option - really would be great to have the extra range!! And it may swing more people into going fully electric....

I think that 100 true miles will be the mark a lot of people use. 80 miles seems not to far (but actually it is), but 100 could be the magic number fir many.

noakey said:
dvemer said:

I think that 100 true miles will be the mark a lot of people use. 80 miles seems not to far (but actually it is), but 100 could be the magic number fir many.

I think it more like 150. At that point you dont need an ICE for anything, and can do 99% of you annual journeys and 95% of mileage.
A bigger range also means as time goes on, battery degradation isn't such a problem.

I really want a Telsa for the 200+ mile range, Did a test drive and nearly cancelled my i3 order - till I realised I can't really afford the Tesla .... yet! Plus it doesn't have grey cloth seats available ;-)

Back