White HOV stickers with a twist

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yiiikes

The white HOV stickers for Cali are SOOOO ugly, they don't fit anywhere nicely and they surely don't follow any lines of any car I know. So I did something to at least make them look like they go with the i3 . . .

IMG_1100_1.jpg

IMG_1102_1.jpg

IMG_1106_1.jpg

Ha! That's fantastic. Great job!

I've been wondering where I'll put mine. Perhaps I'll X-Acto up something similar.

I was going to poke around and see where others put theirs, but this is great.

I was also going to wait to put mine on until I thought I might need them while driving solo.

Interested to hear other's time to get the HOV stickers. Yiiikes said 6 weeks (nice sticker placement BTW), did others have same? Any time difference between Green (REX) and White (BEV)?

jfox said:
Interested to hear other's time to get the HOV stickers. Yiiikes said 6 weeks (nice sticker placement BTW), did others have same? Any time difference between Green (REX) and White (BEV)?

Took 2.5 weeks for me to get my white stickers.

I spoke with a client who had one.. his stickers looked way nicer then the ones I have on my Honda Civic CNG, they had a holographic look to them. They weren't that ugly, I thought they may have updated them!

Just got my stickers. Took 3 weeks here in Orange County CA.
Much faster than I expected!

Anyone can advise how to get the white HOV sticker? Just got my i3 today but only see the form on DMV [https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/a2d67782-6ef5-48e5-aa04-12f472ef97b4/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES] but not sure if this is the right form to fill out. Can anyone help verify? Thank you.

ccjw33 said:
Anyone can advise how to get the white HOV sticker? Just got my i3 today but only see the form on DMV [https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/a2d67782-6ef5-48e5-aa04-12f472ef97b4/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES] but not sure if this is the right form to fill out. Can anyone help verify? Thank you.

Yep, that's the form. Fill that out, send it in with the check for $8, and wait. Only took me about two and a half weeks, but others have reported it taking longer.

Darren,

This is excellent. How did you make the blue drop shadow sticker? I want to copy it exactly it looks so good.

Jim Coyer

love the blue accent on the sticker, can you show us how you did it, including where to buy the stuff?

Thanx,

JC

Not sure why but I filled out the form and mailed on 11/30 and now they returned everything back to me and saying my i3 is ont on the air resource board. I double checked the

License plate
VIN
Year: 2014
Make: BMW
Model: I3

Section 2:
ZEV
Electric
and signed the form

Anyone knows why was my application was rejected?

Thanks.

Back