I managed to get a discount on the BMW i3...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jelloslug said:
I got 4k off and 62% residual for 24 months on my BEV at the same dealer as TJP75.

When did you get this deal? In September or end of August. If I can get a similar deal - 4K off and 62% residual I could pull the trigger on such a deal. I live in Atlanta as well. Who was your sales advisor? Was it a lease or OC?

Thanks!

About $3500 off a pretty base model REX lease. Dealer threw in the all weather mats and a free BMW Wallbox Pure (I am paying for installation). Have to say the BMW sales team seem really clueless about the i3, even the geniuses struggle with some questions you would assume most buyers are asking.

I bought my car two days ago at South Bay BMW in Torrance. It's a Giga World BEV. The msrp was 49,100 and I paid 42,500. That's nearly $7000 below sticker. Did you know that in October there is a $2500 incentive (for BEVs only)? I also took the Ultimate Test Drive and got a $1000 coupon. Even with these discounts, the dealer made me a deal. The car wasn't my first choice color, which is why I balked - till the price dipped substantially.

110Commuter said:
I bought my car two days ago at South Bay BMW in Torrance. It's a Giga World BEV. The msrp was 49,100 and I paid 42,500. That's nearly $7000 below sticker. Did you know that in October there is a $2500 incentive (for BEVs only)? I also took the Ultimate Test Drive and got a $1000 coupon. Even with these discounts, the dealer made me a deal. The car wasn't my first choice color, which is why I balked - till the price dipped substantially.

Does that $7K off include Federal Tax Credit, Oct Incentive and UDE? Btw, BMWUSA lists Oct Incentive as $2K only, not $2.5K.

110Commuter said:

That's a great deal. Did you lease or finance? If lease, what is the terms and payment? The $7000 discount is not including any of the Federal and State credit and rebate? It just $2000 innovation credit and $1000 driving event? Do you mind if you can share your sales person contact information?

Thanks.

110Commuter said:

Good for you. Just a point of clarification: the October i3 incentives from BMW (which they are calling "innovation credits") are $2,000 for the BEV and $1,000 for the REX.

I've been watching the i3 since the concept car stage. Reading everything available. Was so disappointed when the first lease deals came out.

Saw the first one come off the truck in the Bay Area and test drove 3 separate times. Went and drove the MB, nice, but not concept car like the BMW. What sealed the deal was the 3 day take it home program from BMW.

I finally pulled the trigger on a fully loaded white BEV i3 Sunday - Couldn't pass up the incredible deal from Weatherford BMW in Berekley. Slightly more than $6,000 off, MF of .00125 and 63% residual. With the $4,875 from the govt it was $11k off. See Jenn if you're interested.

Alexander99 said:
I've been watching the i3 since the concept car stage. Reading everything available. Was so disappointed when the first lease deals came out.

Saw the first one come off the truck in the Bay Area and test drove 3 separate times. Went and drove the MB, nice, but not concept car like the BMW. What sealed the deal was the 3 day take it home program from BMW.

I finally pulled the trigger on a fully loaded white BEV i3 Sunday - Couldn't pass up the incredible deal from Weatherford BMW in Berekley. Slightly more than $6,000 off, MF of .00125 and 63% residual. With the $4,875 from the govt it was $11k off. See Jenn if you're interested.

Can you pm me more details on this? Thanks.

Alexander99 said:

How may months/miles was tho for?
And was your residual percentage based on msrp/sticker?

Did you get owners choice for the tax credit? Or do they get that?

Are these discounts in the $4000 range including the current $2000 innovation credit, or on top of the innovation credit (i.e. $6000 discount total).

I picked up my i3 this month. $2000 off from innovation credit. $1000 off from the ultimate driving experience and managed to squeeze another ~$1800 from the dealers hands.

So about ~$4800 off MSRP for the car. Another $500 off from the charger I got from them.

I just got an email today claiming the ultimate driving discount is now double. So, $2000 off. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I bought a bev i3 with giga and tech package. Able to negotiate $6200 off MSRP. $2500 drive-off (which I will get back from CA rebate) Final payment is $393/month using OC flex. Not too bad i think.

Congrats on your new i3.

Can I ask you how does OC flex work? Is it a lease or finance? Like months and mileage per year? Do you have to pay off at the end of the terms or just simply return the car after 36 or 24 months? (Balloon payment at the end?) Is the $393 factor in $7500 Federal credit?

Thanks.

flin5888 said:
I bought a bev i3 with giga and tech package. Able to negotiate $6200 off MSRP. $2500 drive-off (which I will get back from CA rebate) Final payment is $393/month using OC flex. Not too bad i think.

The deal I got at $6k off included the $2k innovation credit. I leased for 24 and got the $4,875 from the govt for almost $11k off sticker. I could have gone 36 mo, but the tech is evolving very quickly.

Love the car so far, 325 miles.

AstroZ said:
Are these discounts in the $4000 range including the current $2000 innovation credit, or on top of the innovation credit (i.e. $6000 discount total).

Greenmatrix said:
Congrats on your new i3.

Can I ask you how does OC flex work? Is it a lease or finance? Like months and mileage per year? Do you have to pay off at the end of the terms or just simply return the car after 36 or 24 months? (Balloon payment at the end?) Is the $393 factor in $7500 Federal credit?

Thanks.

flin5888 said:

In lease BMW financial is the owner of vehicle and therefore they only qualify for the $4875 corporate tax credit. In OC flex you are the owner and you qualify for the $7500 personal income tax credit.

In leasing, BMW will decrease your purchase price (more accurately the amount financed) by $4875. You return the car at the end of term to BMW and you are done.

For OC flex, BMW will increase the residual value by $7500. At the end of the OC Flex term, you pay BMW the $7500 you received from IRS, return the car to them, and you are done. No balloon payment unless you want to keep the car.

There are some difference in sales tax treatment between the 2 which favors lease. But with OC flex you get additional $2625 federal tax credit than if you were leasing. The monthly payment works out to about $50 lower in my case.

If you have tax liability > $7500 then OC flex is the way to go.

flin5888 said:
For OC flex, BMW will increase the residual value by $7500. At the end of the OC Flex term, you pay BMW the $7500 you received from IRS, return the car to them, and you are done. No balloon payment unless you want to keep the car.
How do you calculate the % points increase to the residual with OC+Flex — for the full $7,500?

I'm interested in a OC+Flex 3yr/36k lease — MSRP $49,900; 62% residual, 0.00125 MF.

62% of $49,900 is $30,938
$30,938 + $7,500 is $38,438
$38,438 is 77% of $49,900, the MSRP.

A 77% residual?! Surely I'm miscalculating. (I attended a state college.) If not, this appears to be an incredible deal. Please, someone (an OC Flexer) pour some cold water reality on my head.

If I hadn't leased a 2014 Leaf SL in July, I'd be shopping this Maryland-based deal.

LgN4lp1Z

At some dealers local dealers, there are more than two dozen i3s sitting on the lot. It's like they're radioactive. November/December deals could be extraordinary, especially if you qualify for OC + Flex. 77% RV!

just bought a loaded Tera (no 20 inch wheels but everything else including all weather mats) in the SF Bay Area. $2800 cap reduction/$4500 drive off (cap reduction mostly covered by the $2500 California rebate). Three year lease, 12K miles per year, $380/month including tax. With 0 cap reduction, they were offering $419+ tax for 24 months and $449+ tax for 36 months. Not as good as Georgia but decent for the Bay Area.

Back