UK Order v Delivery Dates

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark1 said:
Collected car today, ordered 02/05/14. Originally estimated for 01/10/14 and arrived 27/11/14. so leather supply problems added two months onto the time. Still I'm very happy with it, the regenerative braking will need a little getting used to, but even on day 1, it has started to feel natural.

Hopefully all you others who ordered back in April/May will be getting the call from your dealer any day now, it's been worth the wait!!

I've had my hopes dashed by my dealer. When there were a couple of you with suite leather got brought forward, I e-mailed my dealer and he replied that there were no plans to bring forward delayed orders into 2014 and my order from early Feb 2014 (original delivery date was Sept 30th) is still scheduled for mid-Jan 2015 delivery

Rex Ordered end of August, given mid December delivery date, delayed to 8th Jan '15 now expected 26th Jan '15 despite standard interior and basic extras.

Born electric today. A great thanks to everyone on this forum for giving me the courage to make my first trek on delivery day. Reading to Bristol 90miles in a BEV. Chancy.

Armed with the knowledge from the form. Stopped at Membury services and the CCS chargers are there but not turned on yet. Bet they draw too much current. Tried the AC fast charger....no luck car said "AC voltage too low". Amber flashing then red flashing. Post says "awaiting request from vehicle". Still had enough range so off to Leigh Delemare. Car started complaining about not enough range 2 miles short. Consider panicking and reduce speed to 68. Then a calm thought. Not in ECO pro. Saved. 7 miles to spare.

At Leigh a LEAF plugged in on the DC charge side......plug in on AC side and then remember it can only do one at a time. Damn. LEAF AT 80%. Went off to get a coffee. 6 miles range left.

LEAF departed. Tried the RFID card. Working. Flashing Amber...and then flashing red no dice.

Phone Ecotricity. They have a thought. Try holding the plug up when initialising. Ah ha. I remember reading that from this forum. The charge plate flexes and stops contacts being made by the heavy cable. Ta ta. Success a blue flashing light. Charge in 4 hours......

....time for another coffee. Read the manual. My first ever successful public charge.

Later with 30 miles range, now dark, hack on to Bristol. Suddenly notice I don't have Head up display.....never mind I am liking the music from the speakers. Telephone adaptor pinched from the 5 series. Good job it's common.

Make it with 6 miles left. Phew.

I think it is a great vehicle. I cannot imagine anyone would try that trip unless armed with the knowledge from this forum. I only had range anxiety until I remembered ECO pro. Any other novice perhaps would have pulled over onto the hard shoulder...maybe.

As for charging locations in POIs. Pretty useless.

Chargevision level 2 charger in the basement here doesn't work. Flashes green. Starts working. Relays clunk then it trips out flashing red and blue on the wall plate. I think I might be tripping the buildings circuit breakers somewhere. Goes back to green and then trips out after 60 seconds. Suspect it's getting hot and no one has ever tried it before as it's covered in dust. Been there for 18 months apparently. Part of the building's green credentials.

Anyway tomorrow's problem get a full charge to get back to Reading. Might be an early trip to IKEA. I can't see another CCS charger anywhere close.

I am absolutely loving going past all those Shell stations.

Interesting post Gonvolle but I can't for the life of me figure our what it has to do with UK delivery dates!

Does anyone have any update on current delivery dates? I've just ordered a Suite Rex, am I looking at April/May?

It appears my i3 is finally at the dealer tomorrow. Pick up planned for Friday! Dealer has very kindly agreed to put my winter tyres on before pick up.

Dee123 said:
It appears my i3 is finally at the dealer tomorrow. Pick up planned for Friday! Dealer has very kindly agreed to put my winter tyres on before pick up.

Great news Dee, all the best for Friday.

Great news Dee. Look forward to hearing about your first impressions.

I contacted my leasing company today to try and get a delivery date. I was told that BMW UK have officially revised the pricing of the i3 (new heated seats standard?) and that they wouldn't honour my original order or original lease price. Rather than argue the toss I just asked for the revised quote and will have to take my place at the back of the line again :roll:

I've at last had some promising news. My Rex with Suite and everything but Drive Assist is built and left Leipzig today, scheduled to be at dealer week 2. I suppose their is a chance it could get through the UK distribution depot quicker (only if my luck changes). I will certainly be watching the news tomorrow and hoping there isn't a problem with a cross channel ferry.

So, looks like it will be almost exactly 11 Months from order to delivery.

I currently enjoying a week long test drive of the i3, which was arranged through the company car scheme (leasing company). I still have 2 days to go, and placed the order yesterday. The delivery date is quoted as 15-17 weeks from mid December, which takes it to end of March to mid April. That is much quicker than the estimate of 26 weeks I initially was given, and a quote from end October (which was 5 months).

Spec I ordered:
- i3 BEV (no Rex)
- Ionic Silver
- Suite Interior
- 428 turbine wheels
- Media Pro
- Driving Assist Plus
- Harman Kardon
- Parking Assist
- DC Charging

The car will be a company car on a 3 year lease, with 10k p.a. All inclusive with service, maintenance, tires, insurance, European break down cover. Early termination insurance. So I will only need to pay a few pounds for electricity.

I will be paying £450 a month net (i.e. with salary sacrifice tax relief), and including including benefit-in-kind tax (which is 5% in 2015/2016 tax year). This is about £150 a month less (including BIK) than my current 320d Efficient Dynamics. Very happy !

Just got an update. I now have a VIN and build scheduled before end of the year so next 2 weeks. Delivery 19th Jan. That's From ordering 6th August.

Its going to be a baptism of fire... 154 miles back home from the dealers. Have any CCS units gone in on the M40 between the A34 and Birmingham? There's one at Chievely but that's only any 30 miles after leaving Southampton.

Glad i ordered the rex as i think it will need a fill up part way back given the low battery ranges people are getting. That and it's dual carriageway & motorway all the way.

Getting excited now. Off to order the EVSE now i have the vin for the grant £0.00 from Rolec :)

nowtta60 said:
Its going to be a baptism of fire... 154 miles back home from the dealers. Have any CCS units gone in on the M40 between the A34 and Birmingham? There's one at Chievely but that's only any 30 miles after leaving Southampton.

Should be doable - do the first leg on electric in ECO PRO and stop at Chieveley top up (only short distance but in this weather and motorway speed, you'll have used more than half).

Head north on A34/M40 towards Warwick services M40 J12-13, 68 miles away. Don't forget to select ECO PRO again. Drive until battery meter reads 75% and start the REx, staying in ECO PRO. When range to destination drops 15 miles below the battery range, stop the REx and run the final part on battery. There's a CCS point at Warwick services. Top up here and then you should be good for Birmingham on electric only.

DO check ahead, that these charging points are operable. I've only had an i3 for 2 weeks and tried CCS just twice. One charging station was broken and the other was installed but not connected yet.

Good luck!

I ordered my BEV on 23 June but it was revised on 28 June as my wife decided she was willing to pay the additional £530 to get Andesit silver rather than the Arravani grey I originally ordered. Delivery was estimated at 14 December. We've ordered Lodge, winter package, heat pump and DC charging as extras.
All along the dealer has said the delivery estimate is accurate until last week when they said it had been put back two weeks and would be week 52. They have confirmed that the car has been built and is awaiting shipping.
So I expect to collect it after Christmas or early in the new year.
Very very excited and just hope I can get British Gas to finally connect up my EVSE before then. I have already posted my woes about this. The visit scheduled for this Thursday will be the seventh visit from an electrician in my attempts to get a fast EVSE fitted! Steer clear of BG! I am keeping a blog for family and friends about the EV. Take a look if interested. whistleworm.blogspot.co.uk

whistleworm said:
I ... just hope I can get British Gas to finally connect up my EVSE before then.... whistleworm.blogspot.co.uk

and make sure they leave you with the correct cable - they left me with a Type 2 to Type 1, which I only realised after I'd collected the car !

I used BG as well.
BG did install the wrong cable (Type 1) even though I said it was an i3.... Luckily, I noticed this once the installer told me he was finished (good thing I had a four day test drive and was familiar with the charging port type). They came back the following week to change the cable out and I'm a happy bunny. All I need is the car....

mark1 said:
nowtta60 said:

Should be doable - do the first leg on electric in ECO PRO and stop at Chieveley top up (only short distance but in this weather and motorway speed, you'll have used more than half).

Head north on A34/M40 towards Warwick services M40 J12-13, 68 miles away. Don't forget to select ECO PRO again. Drive until battery meter reads 75% and start the REx, staying in ECO PRO. When range to destination drops 15 miles below the battery range, stop the REx and run the final part on battery. There's a CCS point at Warwick services. Top up here and then you should be good for Birmingham on electric only.

DO check ahead, that these charging points are operable. I've only had an i3 for 2 weeks and tried CCS just twice. One charging station was broken and the other was installed but not connected yet.

Good luck!
Thanks handy tips. Just been checking Chively is out of action at the moment. There's a detour on to the M4, but would depend what time of day it is whether I bother. Would love to do the whole trip using no petrol, but might be a bit hard work.

That REX was the best choice ever, although didn't have much choice when it cames to EVs, the i3 is the only one that cost less than £50k that can do 100+ miles round trip without worrying about charging infrastructure.... my last jobs have been round trips of 70, 75, 300 (150 Mon and Fri hence why the long trip back with the car!), and just started a 120 mile round trip commute. :(

Depending on the day I pick it up, I might be heading back to work in Northampton. That can go via M3 M25 and M1. There's M3 Fleet, J2 M40 on a short detour, M1 Newport Pagnell all with CCS now. And yellow not red on the Ecotricity page. :) And then Corley on the M6 on the way home. Looking good for the future (if you aren't in a rush). If you are - use the rex down till it's empty, then use the battery till 25% and find a place to charge and fill up on the way out. 100-150 miles stints isn't so bad.

@Dee123... taking the photos isn't exctly difficult (unless you don't have a smart phone or camera). I've done a small story board telling them exactly where I want the box and where to route the cables. I think basically its so they don't need to send someone out twice. Big cost savings if it's half days "labour" to drive out, spend 10 minutes on site then drive back. I liked the fact you can have a choice of 16Amp or 32Amp and Type 1 or 2 5m cables or a socket. And you can stick a 13amp socket in the EVSE too for lawnmowers and jetwashers.

My order just went to status 5055. Delivery expected in January!

Just got a charger installed in my apartment block space. Went for a ZCW modular 32A single-phase with a Type 2 socket.
Government funded 16A charger is going in to my place in the country first/second week of January. No option over here for a 32A upgrade.

The big issue now is getting increased Maximum Import Capacity for both properties so my neighbors don't get brownouts every time both cars start charging.
And another problem is physically fitting a dual tariff meter in the switchroom of my apartment block.

Just had the call that my Rex is finally at my dealer, so should be ready for collection Week 2. So looks like it will be nearly exactly 11 Months from ordering. At least my dealer did let me have the demonstrator again to reacquaint myself with the car.

Hope people have had a good christmas.

I just got an email from my leasing company. Ordered white ReX with no bells and whistles mid-December, expected delivery date end of March 2015. Can't wait!

Interesting Noodle - I also ordered a white REx mid-December. I was told April for delivery at the time but I thought that might be optimistic...

Today I had a welcome email from my i expert. Apparently all UK factory orders are being brought forward by a month so I'm now on a January build February delivery; which is great news. All I need to do now is to delve down the back of the sofa and find some extra coin after the Christmas excess!!! :D

I wonder if this is through other markets slowing down in sales or the resolution of some of the software/early build teething issues like the KLE problems that have prompted this move?

Ps Happy New Year!

Back