Existing Leaf owner - i3 order just placed

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenG

Had a Leaf for the last two years and sold on the benefits of EVs. I had a three day test of an i3 RX back in November and loved the car. After a lot of number crunching I've finally placed an order for an i3 BEV to replace the Leaf, due end of June. No need for a REX, for the amount if times I might use it I couldn't justify the additional cost and who wants an ICE and exhaust pipe on an EV anyway ;)

The budget wouldn't stretch to many options sadly so it's a bit of a pauper spec. Spec is Capparis White, standard wheels and interior, Pro Media and DC Fast Charge prep. Now counting the days :)

Congratulations! Spec sounds good and similar to mine (except the Park Assist). Standard sound system is perfectly fine, so are standard lights and wheels. DC Fast Charge is a good idea (especially for a BEV) and Capparis White looks great. I always preferred the standard interior, yet another excuse to economise and -in my case- put the saving towards the REx.

DarrenG said:
Had a Leaf for the last two years and sold on the benefits of EVs. I had a three day test of an i3 RX back in November and loved the car. After a lot of number crunching I've finally placed an order for an i3 BEV to replace the Leaf, due end of June. No need for a REX, for the amount if times I might use it I couldn't justify the additional cost and who wants an ICE and exhaust pipe on an EV anyway ;)

The budget wouldn't stretch to many options sadly so it's a bit of a pauper spec. Spec is Capparis White, standard wheels and interior, Pro Media and DC Fast Charge prep. Now counting the days :)

I just featured a three-time LEAF owner on my blog who just got an i3 REx. He loves his LEAFs, but the REx allows him to go places he just can't with the LEAF:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2015/03/born-electric-guest-blogger-meet-steve.html

I test drove an i3 REx in October and bought one immediately. My Leaf has been sitting in the driveway mostly awaiting its lease end next month. For my needs the REx was essential; I wanted to get rid of my Plug-In Prius and be back to a single car that would meet all of my needs. When in REx mode the car gets reasonable miles per gallon and, when free CCS quick charging ends, using the REx will be cheaper than paying for charging at public stations.

Back