Horn Location For China i3 Vehicles

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRCi3

After two days driving the i3 around Shanghai I can tell you it takes way too long to go from driving position to honking the horn ! The driving conditions here necessitate quick and effortless access to the horn button, preferable by using your thumb.

Many i3 owners also find the time delay between pressing the horn button and the horn actually honking to be excessive. Was that a problem for you as well? Because of this delay, it can be very difficult to honk the horn for a very brief time (i.e., a short beep) which is mostly what I need to do rather than to honk the horn for a longer period of time. I can't recall the last time that I actually honked the horn, but I understand that in some countries, horn honking is very common.

Yes that is the problem, it is too much of a delay. Considering that the horn is meant to be a warning device it is very important to be able use it as quickly as possible. Considering how silent the car is and that we now share the road with more and more bicycles, it's something that BMW should look into.

Back