Defer Rex maintenance cycle

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lincsat

It always seems to activate just as I return home. It would be much better if you could defer the cycle until the next time the vehicle is used so it's not chugging away in a garage.

If you can, let the SOC drop below 75% and then engage the REx manually next time you're out. I only had to do the cycle once and it took about 5 mins, I think.

psquare said:
If you can, let the SOC drop below 75% and then engage the REx manually next time you're out. I only had to do the cycle once and it took about 5 mins, I think.

I would if I had an advanced warning, twice now it's decided to start the maintenance just as I was pulling into my drive with no advance warning.

janner said:
Did you stay in the garage whilst it was chugging away?

No, didn't close the door either.

Lincsat said:
psquare said:

I would if I had an advanced warning, twice now it's decided to start the maintenance just as I was pulling into my drive with no advance warning.

I meant that you should enable the the REx immediately when you're out next time. You might not get the message - simply enable it yourself (if in Europe or if in US with coded i3).

Apologies if this doesn't apply to you, your profile doesn't say where you are located.

Just go into setting every fortnight or so and select range extender - hold current charge and run for a couple of miles, the maintenance cycle will never kick in then.

"I would if I had an advanced warning, twice now it's decided to start the maintenance just as I was pulling into my drive with no advance warning."

I have a 2015 I3. It gave me a warning that the maintenance cycle is about to begin. This warning was given just after I switched on the car. Your experience seems to be different to mine.

My manual (US version) states that you can cancel the maintenance run by pressing the Start/Stop button. I haven't had a chance to test this and not sure if you have to do this when you see the message about the maintenance run and before the range extender kicks on.

Back