Anyone seeing good deals on end of year i3s (esp BEVs)?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didja

Was hoping that we'd see a repeat of last year with big drops off MSRP but not seeing much in the midwest area (I'm in Dayton, Ohio). I assumed with all the REXs out there that a straight up BEV might be available on the cheap but I'm not seeing it. Seems like leasers outnumber buyers significantly on these as well.

myboby123 said:
What is the def of good deal? I have a lease offer, current selling price is 14% off MSRP.

I can't tell if any of the Tulsa dealership deals on left over 2014s a few months ago (long-time lurker on the forum) actually panned out but nudging closer to 10-12k off MSRP on BEVs seems a great deal with gas cheap and REX's seemingly so popular.

Confirming the Tulsa deal, rolled into a Chicago deal that panned out. $17K+ off, free delivery.

My dealer currently has a mega/solar orange 2014 REX, unregistered. Asking $29,900.

jacqueusi said:
Confirming the Tulsa deal, rolled into a Chicago deal that panned out. $17K+ off, free delivery.

My dealer currently has a mega/solar orange 2014 REX, unregistered. Asking $29,900.

Is that the demo with 7k miles on it? Assume still eligible for full $7,500 IRS credit on purchase since never sold? Does it have full warranty due to being a demo? What is the in-service date?

I'm not sure about the mileage, but if you are referring to the 2014 solar orange/mega/rex I got word it sold.

IF you've got the time and inclination, do a nationwide search of 2014s. I posted instructions elsewhere, but quick summary, BMW does not keep a nationwide inventory of 2014s. Go to as many BMW dealership website that you can, search i3 and every so often you'll find 1 or 2 overpriced 2014s. Send them an email saying you're willing to deal. That's what worked for me.

I ended getting the 2014 29,900 demo with 6k miles. Other than missing the upgraded hk stereo it had everything I wanted (and rex was a nice bonus). They are getting new floor mats and they say it is new otherwise. Thanks for the pm jacqueusi!

I talked to one dealer and visited another. Both had "demo" 2014. In both cases they told me that $7500 credit would not apply to the purchase. One dealer gave me a lease offer, which included the $7500 credit. So apparently, the credit is good for lease, but not for the purchase, although I got an impression that the dealer didn't understand the details and simply used the numbers from the BMW Credit site.
I think that lease is a safer way to go. Used Nissan LEAFs are cheap and i3s might not fair any better. After 2 years it will be impossible to sell it for the residual value. I'm actually considering waiting until the next summer when off lease i3s will be dumped on the market en masse and buy one of them.

didja said:
I ended getting the 2014 29,900 demo with 6k miles. Other than missing the upgraded hk stereo it had everything I wanted (and rex was a nice bonus). They are getting new floor mats and they say it is new otherwise. Thanks for the pm jacqueusi!
I started writing my post before yours, but got distracted and posted later. Congratulations! Did you buy or lease? Were you able to get the tax credit?

gt1 said:
I talked to one dealer and visited another. Both had "demo" 2014. In both cases they told me that $7500 credit would not apply to the purchase. One dealer gave me a lease offer, which included the $7500 credit. So apparently, the credit is good for lease, but not for the purchase, although I got an impression that the dealer didn't understand the details and simply used the numbers from the BMW Credit site.
I think that lease is a safer way to go. Used Nissan LEAFs are cheap and i3s might not fair any better. After 2 years it will be impossible to sell it for the residual value. I'm actually considering waiting until the next summer when off lease i3s will be dumped on the market en masse and buy one of them.

Mine is eligible for the credit (never registered, still "new", only downside is the existing miles and prior model year).

didja said:

Is the $29K price before or after the $7500 federal?

i3atl said:
didja said:

Is the $29K price before or after the $7500 federal?

Before. . . I can't imagine that anyone will score a better price ever on an i3. And as bonus, I'm getting it shipped to my home in Colorado (another 5000 state refund). Insane deal really.

I hope you're right, but at that price, I'm skeptical that the dealer or BMWFS didn't already claim the credit.

Did they confirm in writing that it's fully eligible for the $7500 credit?

So your effective purchase price, after state and federal credits, is around $17K?

i3atl said:
I hope you're right, but at that price, I'm skeptical that the dealer or BMWFS didn't already claim the credit.

Did they confirm in writing that it's fully eligible for the $7500 credit?

So your effective purchase price, after state and federal credits, is around $17K?

Yep, I was more skeptical than you are. They sent me pics of all the paperwork- it is sold as new (just with 7k miles on it). I have plenty of documentation for the arbitration hearing with BMW if they lied.

The Colorado credit is new or used (as long as it hasn't been titled in Colorado and it decreases proportional to price paid, which is why I don't get the full $6k EV colorado credit).

Have to pinch myself but a ton of people had considered the car befor me- I was the first to make the deposit and lock it up.

Amazing deal. And your state handouts are very generous. I would think twice about buying an ICE demo because it had not been broken in properly, but electric motor has only one moving part and doesn't need any special treatment.

jacqueusi said:

Which dealer?

Orland Park Chicago. PM me if you would like specifics. Not sure how to attach documents and screenshots to the thread.

Back