Deleting music from internal storage

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brorob

Has anyone deleted audio files from the (small) 20GB internal storage? In the process of adding driving music the storage filled up. I would like to delete some less listened to music so I can add more of my favorites. I searched through the control display but didn't see any obvious way to delete music files. Wondering if I need to connect to the USB port to do this.

Also, has anyone upgraded the internal storage to add more space? I'm assuming this is flash memory and not a traditional 1.8" or 2.5" HDD. Even if I just doubled the space it should be large enough to fit most of my driving music.

Thanks.

Directions are in the manual. Select the item (I believe it works with track, album, folder, or playlist) then press the Options button. You'll see Delete as one of the options.

brorob said:
Also, has anyone upgraded the internal storage to add more space? I'm assuming this is flash memory and not a traditional 1.8" or 2.5" HDD. Even if I just doubled the space it should be large enough to fit most of my driving music.
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive-SDCZ33-016G-B35/dp/B005FYNSZA. I put all my FLACs on it.

stumbledotcom said:
Directions are in the manual. Select the item (I believe it works with track, album, folder, or playlist) then press the Options button. You'll see Delete as one of the options.
Thanks. I was checking the paper manual and didn't find anything related to this but I just checked the manual through the control display and that helped. The trick is to perform a search and then select Browse Directory and then navigate to the item you want to delete. After that, the Options button works for renaming or deleting an item. I was originally trying to do this when I had an artist or album selected within the browse artist or album option but the Options button doesn't allow you to delete when navigating through the music this way.

Thanks for the idea about just using a thumb drive for added storage too, I think a 64GB stick will work great for this.

Back