Used the Comfort Climate Control app for the first time

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

on this rare, freezing Silicon Valley day.

Nice and toasty quick! Wife likes it!

What I don't completely understand is that the car was fully charged at activation ...

Yet, it now shows a fully charged time ~1/2 hour in the future ... like it's not heating only thru the ac plug.

Probably because my charging current is set to Reduced ~8 amperes after nearly burning the house down set to maximum.

100_5079-L.jpg

and the display heating icon .....

20151227_135218-L.jpg

100_5059-L.jpg

:cool:

During preconditioning, I"ve seen my EVSE register up to 20A, so at a 6A max input, you WILL be draining some from the batteries. Now, that max discharge rate isn't constant, and would tend to taper off as the cabin warms up, but the average is still probably more than what it can get from the EVSE when limited. While my EVSE didn't come with a meter, I bought a panel-mount one off Amazon and wired it into the junction box feeding the EVSE.

If your wiring and receptacle are up to snuff, you should be able to use the max of the OUC. The limitation is there primarily if that circuit must be shared with another load. IOW, if your wiring isn't up to snuff, you really should fix it...then, it won't matter if you charge at max rate.

Back