Circumstances have changed - any ideas?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moooose

Hi,

I'm 1 year in on a 3 year BMW personal lease of an i3 Rex. It is our only car.

The car has been great but there has been a change of circumstances. My wife (who mainly uses the car) has got a new job that involves a much longer commute (120miles+), and she is unable to recharge at work. She really wants to keep the job as it is a promotion and as any working mum will tell you, there are very few senior part-time jobs. However, traffic is regularly horrendous and she routinely ends up home with a few miles spare - not a good end to the day, and she is starting to hate the i3.

My reading of the lease T&Cs is that there is no early exit without effectively paying all the remaining lease payments.

I know 'caveat emptor' and all that - I made a mistake, but I wondered if anyone in the same situation had any bright ideas/creative solutions?

Many thanks,

Paul

If you negotiated a good lease you might be able to unload it here to someone else.

http://www.swapalease.com

Good Luck,

John

Is your car coded? Coding the larger fuel tanks and SOC hold might alleviate the problem s bit!

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. I should have mentioned I'm based in the UK, so I already have the euro petrol tank capacity. I'll have a look at the swap lease sites to see if there is a local equivalent.

Thanks again,

Paul

Now that your partner has the job and is settling in, it might be worth raising a request with management for at least a power point available in the parking area.

Not to say that management will necessarily jump to it, but it may well become a possible salary incentive down the track. Management would be aware of the growing uptake of EV's.

The other option would be to look around the area for a car park with plugin capabilities not far from the workplace. I'm sure this seems like a hassle, but once things are sorted it should become manageable.

Back