iRemote app improvements

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took delivery on SAT, so forgive me if this is a RTFM or has been answered elsewhere:

Can the iRemote App or Connected Drive text the owner when charging completes? How 'bout if it is interrupted? Had this with my Leaf and really liked it.

jpa2825 said:
Just took delivery on SAT, so forgive me if this is a RTFM or has been answered elsewhere:

Can the iRemote App or Connected Drive text the owner when charging completes? How 'bout if it is interrupted? Had this with my Leaf and really liked it.
No as far as I know. It does give you the projected time of completion however which I found to be pretty accurate.

When you opt to precondition on demand, how about an option to cancel it -

I preconditioned to leave at lunch, but then got booked into a 1230 meeting and there is no way to cancel the recondition.

Will it 'time out' if the car is not operated say within 20 minutes? Or do I need to go to my car and turn it off?

thanks

On the iRemote app, I would like also to see the distance covered by each mode: comfort, ecopro and ecopro+

It can be a pie chart or three colored line, whatever. I believe this data may motivate many people to save a little bit more energy. Additionally, when the car will be on 2nd hand market this data will certainly be useful.

i3StormTrooper said:
When you opt to precondition on demand, how about an option to cancel it -

I preconditioned to leave at lunch, but then got booked into a 1230 meeting and there is no way to cancel the recondition.

Will it 'time out' if the car is not operated say within 20 minutes? Or do I need to go to my car and turn it off?

thanks
Everything stops about 30-minutes after the departure time set. No need to go shut it off. Note, departure time only works to condition the batteries if it is plugged into an EVSE, but you can precondition the cabin anytime. It's possible to 'uncheck' the departure time in the app, which should cancel it at the car.

Back