Remote Services via iRemote App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jadnashuanh said:
You can, as has been said, send an address, which you can then navigate to...that information comes in as a message. That function works just fine from Google maps.
Well, less than 50% of the time, in my experience. Either the response from Google Maps is that an error has occurred that prevents the address from being sent to our car, no error message is displayed but the address is never received by our car, or everything works as expected. When Google Maps has reported an error, I've tried sending the address via BMW's Connected Drive Website which has also failed. I haven't tried sending an address from within iRemote, but I'm guessing that it would fail if Google Maps and Connected Drive have failed. I suspect the problem lies with the BMW server that connects with our i3 or maybe with our i3 itself although AT&T mobile phone signal strength is strong in our apartment parking space.

I no longer depend on being able to send an address to our car because doing so has been so flakey.

Back