Change triangle color when engagaing rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRPH

A couple of days ago I was driving up the NJ Parkway on windy, stormy night. Drove around a lot during the day and figured instead of turning on the rex early I would wait till I had about 10% of charge left (coded). Hit button 8 - my shortcut key, but could not tell if the rex engaged- hard to tell if rex was running or if it was the wind. Could they just make that triangle turn say red when the rex engages so that you know it is running; normally the triangle moving would be enough- but at that percentage of charge I could not really tell if it had moved. Also I guess because of the speed and the wind the percentage of charge continued to drop- making it again harder to tell if rex was running.
Something else that might also be appreciated is instead of pre-warming the cabin. let us pre-warm the seats as an option.

Did not realize that. Still I think making the triangle larger and more brightly colored instead of white/gray would be an improvement.

one way to check is to go to settings and edrive. You'll be able to see it the rex engine is on or not there.

Back