SoCal Insurance Rate Increase

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easports82

Have people been seeing increases in their insurance rates? My premium just jumped over $200 and the reason esurance gave is a recalculation for the replacement cost. Wondering if others have seen a similar change when renewing.

Time to shop around. Insurance pricing is very dependent on your individual circumstances but my recent experiences might give you a point of reference. Our previous carrier Liberty Mutual tried to raise our rate by several hundred dollars in 2015, claiming CA regulators increased costs across all carriers. But Geico offered the same coverage for less than what we paid pre-rate increase. And at renewal in December, Geico dropped our rate again. For what it's worth, the Esurance online comparison tool didn't recognize the i3 when I was shopping. Had to call an agent who plugged in a generic compact vehicle type and MSRP to yield a quote that was among the highest. They followed up with a spam deluge for several months. Not impressed.

Back