Software Update is 3.56.4.003

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this thread with a question about what the Nov update in uk contained (3.56.4.003 in UK I thnk) and finally had it done this week.

Things I have noticed are:
a. Extra info available when pressing the left hand stick button which use to show items such as time and temp now include battery % and a few other tech bits.
b. The fan nows stays in the same state as it was when I restart the car!

I’m sure there are other changes - the estimated range looks more optimistic but I’ll not know if there is any real diiference until i drive for a while. The regen seems exactly the same.

Why won’t/can’t BMW supply a clear list of what changes?

Would be nice if we could make a sticky on this page with observations of improvements in the Nov update. My Batt.Kap now says 19.7kW!

would they have done the software update if the car was sold after it became available? like...done it right as the car was sold?

cmj912 said:
would they have done the software update if the car was sold after it became available? like...done it right as the car was sold?
Many have reported old software versions on newly-purchased cars. With BMW apparently not paying dealers for the labor necessary to update the software unless an owner complains about a problem that the software update might solve, I'm guessing that most dealers don't update a car's software before it is sold.

alohart said:
cmj912 said:
Many have reported old software versions on newly-purchased cars. With BMW apparently not paying dealers for the labor necessary to update the software unless an owner complains about a problem that the software update might solve, I'm guessing that most dealers don't update a car's software before it is sold.

Wow. I haven't really had any issues at all but I thought it might be worthwhile to check. Then when I go in for service maybe they can do it. Good/bad thing is the car isn't due for service until July.

I take delivery Wednesday. When I did my test drive the A/C did not come on when the car was started, does that mean it has the November update or do I need to check something else?

I will request they update before I accept delivery if it hasn't been done but I'm thinking it has it.

Fredr500 said:
I take delivery Wednesday. When I did my test drive the A/C did not come on when the car was started, does that mean it has the November update or do I need to check something else?
Assuming that you test drove your car and not one of their test drive fleet, that's a good indication of the November update. Another indication would be the warning message on the screen if you place the car in Ready mode with the charging port door open.

Thanks Art, I'll do that when I pick it up. It was my car that I drove and the AC didn't come on that I noticed. So the door will give me a good double check.

Eco pro mode is now limited at 65mph, I think before, it was 75mph, but i've never understood the point of Eco Pro mode anyway if you have eco pro+

also, its definitely slower from 0-10mph

Fredr500 said:
Thanks Art, I'll do that when I pick it up. It was my car that I drove and the AC didn't come on that I noticed. So the door will give me a good double check.

i've seen that the AC needs to be turned on by the dealer, as its turned off for transport.

Guys, is there any difference between updating through USB drive and taking the car to be serviced?

minucci said:
Guys, is there any difference between updating through USB drive and taking the car to be serviced?
The only things you can update yourself via the USB port is non-critical things related to the navigation maps, the Bluetooth integration, and stuff like that...you cannot update the core software which is what is done only from the dealership. So, yes, there is a huge difference.

I get it. Could you point me how to know if there is any update that I should ask for? I am sure I will get there and nobody will know what I am talking about... thank you!

Back