Centre screen display - question?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDM

Hi all, can you help? - Whenever I drive off the following appears on the centre screen 'electric range insufficient' and below that 'search for charging stations'. As I do'nt have any destination set on the Navi. I am puzzled by this and find it a little annoying. Also, first time passengers always remark on it. This happens despite having plenty of charge in the battery, mine is a BEV.
When I went to my local BMW dealer, they tried but we're also unable to remove it! Not very impressed. I bought my i3 second-hand and suspect it relates to something the previous owner had set up but try as I might I cannot seem to delete it. Any help would be much appreciated. Secondly, when I go to settings and clear the screen, I notice it comes back on after a while. Is this normal?

I hear rumors that the latest software makes entering the service menu a bit different, but do not know for sure. But, once you are in that menu, you can view various things, including the usable battery capacity (shown in Kwhr, not percentages). This would show you how much of the battery's original capacity is still usable.

It sounds like to me that someone did some coding on the car. Much of that gets erased when the car gets a software update at the dealership. You might want to check to see if you have the latest software, and if not, updating it might resolve that. As I understand it, that message should only be triggered if you have a route active in the nav system.

Sounds like you've got a favourite charge point stored in the nav. Try resetting to a favourite one near to year and see if that cures it.

MDM said:
Hi all, can you help? - Whenever I drive off the following appears on the centre screen 'electric range insufficient' and below that 'search for charging stations'. As I do'nt have any destination set on the Navi. I am puzzled by this and find it a little annoying. Also, first time passengers always remark on it. This happens despite having plenty of charge in the battery, mine is a BEV.
When I went to my local BMW dealer, they tried but we're also unable to remove it! Not very impressed. I bought my i3 second-hand and suspect it relates to something the previous owner had set up but try as I might I cannot seem to delete it. Any help would be much appreciated. Secondly, when I go to settings and clear the screen, I notice it comes back on after a while. Is this normal?

Semtexx is right. Just completely remove your current favourited charge station in the nav menu, and you'll get rid of that pesky screen for good. (well, until you really Do run low on charge lol). Anyway, time to name and shame that incompetent dealer. Go on, let us know who to avoid please!

Thank you for your recommendations but none of them appear to work and I'm still stuck with it coming up on the screen. I agree with previous reply, were do you find 'favourite charging stations'?.

Back