BMW Experience - Experience ConnectedDrive

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

Please understand I'm not pissed as much as 'learning the ropes.' For example, Monday I spent half-a-day trying to get my i3-REx bought in North Carolina registered in Alabama. Over three weeks later on Monday, there were three visits to Alabama DMV offices; four clerks; two visits to the bank, and; two loan officers. Eventually I got my tags ... and ready for BMW owner registration.

Now the vehicle warranty registration was fairly benign. Phone calls and showing the Bill of Sale and dealer registration, not really a problem. Sure it took 10 days in the shop but there 'campaigns' that needed to be applied. But I also bought this car for the advanced, cell-phone based, management which meant dealing with "BMW Assist," a different team. So first FAX failed as "266" is different from "226"; corrected fax number failed; went to local BMW service center and their FAX failed; tried their e-mail one bounce and one 'bit-bucket."

So I went to the home page of BMW North America and sent:
i3_rex_110.jpg

At least this time I got an ACK e-mail so I knew the e-mail worked and the message went into their queue.

So this evening:
i3_rex_120.jpg

It is 11:30 PM and soon bed time. But Friday morning, I'll follow the links and see what it takes to get these connected features working. Just I'm beginning to feel like:
joe-btfsplk.jpg

I have comprehensive insurance and glad for it!

Bob Wilson

Back