new phone

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobiassej

Have a older iPhone 4s. It supports talking, contacts and music but not email, calendar or SMS.

Which phone can do the job? I couldn't find a phone that supports calendar on the compatible check from BMW.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth/compatibility_check_golocal.html

Which phone should I go for?

Thanks
Tobias

Phone calendar access is a pretty niche function. I actually have never heard of anyone using it.

Just curious what information are you looking to pull from calendar? Things like addresses for meetings?

Would be nice to be able to make appointments while having people on the phone.
You get a call and want to schedule a meeting next thursday at fx 2 pm. Very often I can't tell my plans ahead without looking into the calendar.
The suggestions with address etc is old nice options to have with out grapping the phone while driving.
Did I reply the question?

But according to BMW.dk and checking for compatibility no phone can sync calendar. Maybee it's different in other countries...

Ended up buying a Galaxy.

Calendar didn't work, because of local restriction from BMW. Mail didn't work. Sms only worked partially. Could receive but not reply.

Sold the Galaxy s7 after two weeks. The switch from iPhone to Galaxy was to troublesome....

Hate that BMW doesn't support third part technology better...

After installing an aftermarket HU with CarPlay in my "fun" car, I swore I'd never buy a car without it.

Then I got the i3. Come on, BMW, add CarPlay and Android Auto!

Back