Adding new i3 to ConnectedDrive ...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWAUS

Picked up my first i3 last Saturday,

Just curious that how long did you wait before you were able to add the VIN to the ConnectedDrive site after picking up the new car?

Probably straight away.

I'm due to pick up my new i3 next week but I was given the reg number and VIN last week.

Out of curiosity I went to register on the Connected drive site where it found the details fine sending a message directly to the car for activation. Obviously not having the car meant I couldn't go any further, so I suspect there will be no issues in your case.

Your salesman can input that data once he has the VIN, I think. If that happens, you should be able to view where the car is from monitoring the app's location page. They may not do it until you actually pay for it, though.

jadnashuanh said:
Your salesman can input that data once he has the VIN, I think. If that happens, you should be able to view where the car is from monitoring the app's location page. They may not do it until you actually pay for it, though.

Yes, you can input the VIN of any compatible vehicle even when it's only just rolled out of the factory in Germany. However you need to 'close the loop' on the registration by entering the code that appears in the vehicle's message inbox within 4 hours so you really need access to the vehicle too.

nitramluap said:
jadnashuanh said:

Yes, you can input the VIN of any compatible vehicle even when it's only just rolled out of the factory in Germany. However you need to 'close the loop' on the registration by entering the code that appears in the vehicle's message inbox within 4 hours so you really need access to the vehicle too.
That may be a new, or unique to outside of the USA. While I suppose I may have forgotten, in in the USA, I do not remember having to do anything to get it to work after the dealer input the required data. The SIM card may not be initialized, and contacting the car won't work until that account has been setup, and that may not happen until it is landed in its final destination country.

Back