Adjust Charging Screen Information

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike884

Hi all,

I have an i3 Rex that I have for a couple days for an extended test drive. When I plug in the car to charge, it shows the estimated time that it will be completed charged, say 10:05 PM. Is there anyway to adjust this screen to something like hours/minutes remaining? I looked around and did not see anything. I saw that the app could show that, but I do not have app access with this car. Thanks!

-Mike

mike884 said:
When I plug in the car to charge, it shows the estimated time that it will be completed charged, say 10:05 PM.
My experience has been that this estimated charge completion time is usually significantly later than charging actually finishes.

It seems that until the car can see how rapidly the batteries are accepting the charge, the estimate for when they will be fully charged, is just a vague estimate that gets refined and improved upon as it progresses...so, what you see initially, isn't all that realistic, but it seems to be a worst case result that usually ends up better.

Also keep in mind that the charging rate is non-linear. It slows down after the battery gets to 90%. It might not be that noticeable with the included charger, my L2 charger get to 90% in under 3 hours, and the last 10% take another hour.

Back