Canada

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone lately bought 2017 94Ah i3 in Toronto/Montreal area?
I'm in between- in Ottawa and must go to one of the i3 retailer in Toronto or Montreal. These are 8 dealerships I can work with. Any suggestions with particular "good" dealer would be very appreciated. As well any information related how how far and easy dealers can go down with price. I usually have handy dealer invoice price before I'm starting negotiations, but for i3 I can't get one. Need help from you, fellows.

Welcome Moserg! If you're on facebook, join the Greater Toronto Area i3 group, you will get more answers there as there is an owner from Ottawa (with a 2015) as well as a couple of new 2017 owners that can give you their dealer opinions.

I got my 2015 REX at BMW Toronto, which unfortunately I wouldn't really recommend. Budd's in Oakville seems to be the best and most enthusiastic about selling the i3, but of course that would be the furthest dealer from you.

Hi SsI3. This is probably last thing I would like to do - join to facebook ;)
Because I'm in complete disagreement with their security/personal information sharing practice. But I think it would be probably Worth it , at least temporary. Thanks for advice.
Funny things - I got from some of dealers quotes where they put almost hundred bucks fuel charges.... Are they fill canisters by electricity :lol:

I bought my i3 from BMW Toronto and had great service from them. Bought (lightly used) i3Rex over the internet/phone and had it shipped to me in Vancouver saving me thousands. BMW finance financed car and everything. I have had no problems getting car serviced by local dealer in Vancouver even though it was not sold here. I couldn't get BMW Toronto to drop the $100 fuel charge and in the end just considered it a delivery charge.

:roll: still charged you for fuel?
Thanks for info, especially for delivery - Ottawa not that far as Vancouver from Toronto , but I prefer have it delivered here than spend whole day driving ( I'm planning to get BEV, not REX version)

Does anyone in Vancouver area upgraded to 2017 map? Worth to update? In some areas, like Delta, the map is pretty out-dated, but I am sure those roads are much older than 2014.

Blue20 said:
Does anyone in Vancouver area upgraded to 2017 map? Worth to update? In some areas, like Delta, the map is pretty out-dated, but I am sure those roads are much older than 2014.

I'm new to the i3. I got mine 3 weeks ago, so hopefully, it has the latest map. Any particular POI you want me to check to see if it's in the map?

Can someone give feedback on leaving i3 and Park and Fly for a week or longer during winter months. I'm in Calgary- looking at potential purchase.
Thanks

cdnji said:
Blue20 said:

I'm new to the i3. I got mine 3 weeks ago, so hopefully, it has the latest map. Any particular POI you want me to check to see if it's in the map?

Hi cdnji, can you check Highway 17? SFPR and the new connection from Highway 99 to Tsawwassen terminal. These would be good benchmarks. Thanks

Has anybody bought aftermarket rims in Toronto? I am trying to find some for the winter but no luck. My options are currently BMW and Tirerack.

Does anyone know where to buy a set of winter tires in GTA rather than from BMW dealerships? It seems they are all sold out.

Thanks a lot!

SSi3 said:
Try PMCtires.com? They are out of Quebec.

Some folks have had luck at Costco.

I also know Kal-Tire can get them.

Thank you!

I tried PMCtires.com, they won't ship to me. I have to go to Quebec to install. I also asked Kal-Tire, they don't have any stock.

How did those folks get tires at Costco? I checked their web, they don't have this size.

Thank you again!

Back