iRemote statistics: Electric Distance Drive (since last charged)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

I understand when the server is down, we won't get an update but it has been about a week now. I've driven far enough that my "Max" value should be higher. But it seems stuck at 64.0 miles, the distance to and from Decatur. So I am wondering if this is a 'single trip', maximum distance driven versus one that includes one or more stops?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

stats are working for me

just did my best ever max electric only range of 79.4 last weekind. the odometer said 79.8. the website updated the new max in just a few minutes

i3stats-XL.jpg

Seems not terribly timely and/or reliable as this was completed on Saturday, November 26:
max_EV_020.jpg

As of Monday night, still not updated. The "103 km" (64 mi) is the distance to and from Decatur when I was testing the Huntsville fast DC charger, a CCS with a BMW i3 compatible CSS plug. So I though to modify my daily commute to put a big number in. However, I notice the Community, "116 km" (72 mi) is the EPA metric for EV range.

To test the EPA limit hypothesis, I'll run the car to 71 miles to see if my 'personal best' is updated. Since the BMW i3 has been out since 2013, surely folks have beaten the EPA limit in the past three years. That "72.1 mi" upper limit for the BMW i3 community looks too low.

• Beating the EPA numbers is something Prius owners regularly do. Some of us do it for the one tank challenge:
    1000mi_721a.jpg

Note, this was done on cruise control over a three week period in July 2013. Everyday I would add miles until passing the 1000 mile. None of that pulse-and-glide nonsense, just cruise control at 25 mph and running over an hour on each trip to dilute the 'warm-up' cost. It was application of my engineering studies of the Prius.

I've already been refining my engineering studies on the BMW i3-REX and at low speeds, I'm seeing data suggesting there may be more overhead than originally thought. Granted, I'm driving after dark, lights are on, and occasionally a touch of heat to keep the windshield clear. But there may be more overhead, perhaps battery pack thermal management(?), that may be reducing the expected range.

Bob Wilson

bwilson4web said:
Since the BMW i3 has been out since 2013, surely folks have beaten the EPA limit in the past three years. That "72.1 mi" upper limit for the BMW i3 community looks too low.
That's the community average, not the upper limit which is 196 km (122 mi).

If you prefer distance units in miles rather than kilometers, there's a setting for that.

alohart said:
. . .
That's the community average, not the upper limit which is 196 km (122 mi).

If that includes for the new 96 Ahr BMW i3, owch for us old dodgers in our 60 Ahr cars. Getting 122 mi is not impossible (in theory), just dang difficult: perfect temperature, speed, and route. So much for the bowling trophy.

Bob Wilson

The iRemote app hasn't updated data since yesterday evening. Data updated within minutes prior to yesterday. The issue isn't only iRemote, BMW Connected app and BMW online also shows the old data.

I'm thinking it's a data center problem as I can trigger the car to precondition the cabin from the iRemote app.

Is there some way to check the BMW data center or enter a trouble ticket?

I am seeing the same symptom. Has anyone opened a ticket with BMW USA?

I'll try mid-morning on Friday. I found connecting to the vehicle to lock the doors worked.

Bob Wilson

Back