Speaker alternative

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only found 2 speakers for the Mega (base model) located on each side of door panel, no speakers in the back seat area. Are these the only 2 speakers for the Mega trim? thanks

dutyfree said:
I only found 2 speakers for the Mega (base model) located on each side of door panel, no speakers in the back seat area. Are these the only 2 speakers for the Mega trim? thanks
The sound system is not related to trim level; i.e., any trim level could include the base or the H-K sound system, a standalone ~$800 option. The base sound system include 4 speakers, all in the front.

Sorry for resurrecting a 2+ year old thread, but my inquiry is the same... Any discoveries in aftermarket speakers for the base system? And in case you're wondering, Crutchfield still have nothing for i3's.

I recently bought a pair of JL Audio C2-400x 4-Inch 2 Way Speakers. Albeit Amazon says they do not fit the i3, they do. They are not a direct fit but the speakers include an adapter that you can make work. They sound great too.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-C2-400x-4-Inch-Way-Speakers/dp/B00368E4ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493053799&sr=8-1&keywords=jl+audio+4+inch+speakers

Back