I picked up Bimmercode App (version 2.0.11), fully enabled $25, and an iCar OBD interface (SC03-Z, ICAR\WIFI). Once the car cools off, I plan to change the fuel level to the max, 2.4 gal. I'd read about it on the BMW i3 Facebook page but have not been able to find the instructions. Regardless, I figured to give it hack and was wondering if anyone has experience with using this app to increase the tank size?
Near as I can tell, there will be two mods:
- KOMBI_IO1_F56 -> Increase electronically limited fuel capacity
- KOMBI_IO1_F56 -> Fuel consumption gauge scale
- KOMBI_I01_F56 -> Fuel range warning 1
- KOMBI FPK_I12 -> Fuel range warning 1
- KOMBI FPK_I12 -> Fuel range warning 2
Uncoded, BMW Connected shows 65 miles in the tank. I'll take another photo of the tank level before coding.
FYI, both KOMBI_I01_F56 and KOMBI FPK_I12 have "Range Extender activation battery level" but I'm using DVDInmotion for that function.
- Power-on to PRO mode - works perfectly!
- Set Time from GPS - not sure as I had just set the HH:MM when the car put in the mm/dd/yyyy
- Show tire pressure and temperature - this worked perfectly!
- Remove tank limit - set but not yet tested. I expected the indicated gas range to change but it still shows the original values. I've reported it to the developer. Tomorrow, I will do a range test and find out if it worked.
My goal is the extra 0.4 gal of fuel in the tank so more experimentation is needed. My reading suggests the gas range requires another code value BUT I am more interested in having the gas than the indicated range. So far, no complaints beyond the indicated gas range.