Trunk space

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbinsb

New member and probable new owner of a used i3 in the next week or so. We've driven a couple of them and are pretty much sold on it if we can get the right deal on one.

Unfortunately, we forgot our tape measure both times and are trying to figure out the actual dimensions of the trunk space - cubic feet don't really help, we want to know ho large an item we can fit back there and particularly need to be sure we can fit my father-in-laws folded up walker in there with the rear seats up.

If anybody happens to have their car, a tape measure and some time, would love to know the dimensions in the photo linked below. B & E are really the key ones but the others could be useful as well.

We'll be heading back to the dealer sometime this week, but knowing this beforehand would help us be sure we are on the right track.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew1ilevqwf40vku/trunk.jpg?dl=0

Another approach is to get a receiver hitch and carry the walker on a bicycle rack. Other, oversized loads like my wife's folding wheel chair fit too. However, I carried her folding walker in the back before but I think only one rear seat was folded down.

Bob Wilson

Back