Should I buy this car ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

Thinking about re-joining the i3 family after my lease ended in February

I inspected this car at the dealer and it is as visually close to perfect as any used car could realistically be

https://www.capitolkia.com/inventory/used-2014-bmw-i3-rwd-4d-hatchback-wby1z2c50ev284753

I believe I could get it otd for $16K

:?:

If you were happy with your previous i3 Mega that included no options other than metallic paint and heated seats, this looks like a good deal. Owning a Giga with Tech and Parking, I would not be happy without the features included with Giga and Mega Worlds and without the Tech and Parking options.

I am also looking at used 2014 models and seems there is a pretty good selection of them with good pricing. With only the factory warranty of about a year, I am just a liitle concerned. I have watched many reviews with almost all being positive but they were when the car was new or only a year or so old.

Any comments from long term owners?

I think im just looking for a nudge to push me into the buyers seat...........

The cars are actually fairly simple (especially if you can live with a BEV), so a 2014 will have run through most if not all of the infant mortality issues...IOW, it should continue life relatively trouble-free. My warranty runs out next summer...right now, I'm planning on keeping it.

2014 model with 60ah battery is the fastest model so far 2018 S can be faster with improvement motor but maybe not range bc they install wider tires . what is the best about mine 2014 I can rotate wheels b/c I have them the same size 5" x19 all around not like newer models 5 1/2" rear 5" front same days here in NY in good ideal condition I'm driving 100 miles distance . 2014 is the lightest model from all newer i3 . My plan for future is to replace battery from i3 S model with 120 ah but this is next 4 yrs when warranty expires

Lesterbmwi3 said:
what is the best about mine 2014 I can rotate wheels b/c I have them the same size 5" x19 all around not like newer models 5 ½" rear 5" front same days here in NY in good ideal condition I'm driving 100 miles distance .
All 2014-2016 Mega i3 BEV's with 19" wheels have the same size wheels and tires front and back. Our 2014 Giga BEV with 19" wheels has wider rear than front wheels and tires. The same is true for 2014-2016 Tera models. I'm not sure about the 2017 model.

Back