Bimmercode App experience?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?

Bing0320 said:
I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?
There can be multiple causes. A simple test, low engine oil level, was my fault. Others have reported various sensors can induce the fault.

I picked up another app, BimmerLink, that reports the codes ... in German!

Bob Wilson

Will it work for i3 rex without nav? my i3 rex does not have tech package. I want to get the app and enable 75% hold

Anyone run into a problem where bimmercode has 2 different things checked in a menu?

Went to code my 2.4 gal tank in the tank voll menu. Originally it was set to rex us. So I changed it to the normal rex. When I came back into the menu both were checked. Any thoughts?

After you make the change in the app are you coding it to the car? There is a command at the top of the app that tells it to send the code to the car, It warns you not to interrupt the process and make sure the battery levels are good on everything.

I finally have everything in order, I did not dig deep into the coding, I was after 2-3 things, I wanted to turn on the battery hold function, increase the tank capacity and then fart around with a couple of minor settings.

I think I read here the car will tell you initially it needs to be serviced then that goes away.

I programmed my battery level hold to my memory 8 button. Thinking of taking it for a test drive, it is actually a daily driver for my wife.

I saw there were 2 ways to code, via a menu with options or I could switch to detailed coding all in German, I need to make some notes next time I hook up and mess with it.

Yesterday I found that the factory set value of TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE was actually 8.5L (0x11). After I coded Increase Electronically limited Fuel Capacity to 'active' (from 'unkown value') with BimmerCode's non-expert mode the TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE became 8L (0x10). I believe this is a bug in the app.

I manually set the the value to 9L (0x12) and coded it, and then the fuel indication bar changed from full to about 95% full. It looks like what I want, but I'm a little worried I could completely dry the tank and damage the pump. :roll:

Any thoughts?

cancad said:
Yesterday I found that the factory set value of TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE was actually 8.5L (0x11). After I coded Increase Electronically limited Fuel Capacity to 'active' (from 'unkown value') with BimmerCode's non-expert mode the TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE became 8L (0x10). I believe this is a bug in the app.

I manually set the the value to 9L (0x12) and coded it, and then the fuel indication bar changed from full to about 95% full. It looks like what I want, but I'm a little worried I could completely dry the tank and damage the pump. :roll:

Any thoughts?

I don't think its possible to run the tank dry, its electronically limited to leave a little as you wouldn't want it draining the fuel lines completely, otherwise it won't start the next time.

cancad said:

Any thoughts?

Hey I was wondering if you manually set this value using the bimmercode app or using the computer coding.

So I finally got to code my new preowned 2015 i3 Rex and so far so good. Did the hold state and increase fuel capacity.
Only thing I did notice is my battery mileage seem to increase by about 15% is this normal?

ekz803 said:
Only thing I did notice is my battery mileage seem to increase by about 15% is this normal?
Saving coding changes can reset the computer modules involved such that driving history is deleted. This can change the predicted range until one drives enough to establish a driving history used for more accurate range calculations. Expect your predicted range to return to what it had been because no coding change increases the electric range.

alohart said:
ekz803 said:
Saving coding changes can reset the computer modules involved such that driving history is deleted. This can change the predicted range until one drives enough to establish a driving history used for more accurate range calculations. Expect your predicted range to return to what it had been because no coding change increases the electric range.

Mahalo. It kinda freak me out at first.
I did notice it start to re adjust today. Using the REx at 75% is much more calming lol.

I have also just coded my 2015 Rex with the hold feature via the Range Extender menu. But I haven’t been able to find the selection for electronically increasing the fuel tank. Can someone help me find where that selection is in the BimmerCode app?

This should be where it's at, bkombi, 3005.

My 2018 Rex showed 8.5_litre already, so not sure exactly what you should change value to, but I would assume either 8 or 8.5.
Change the values to reflect the following values :

bkombi
3005 -> TNK_LITER_RECHTS -> mcv_rex_liter_kl_rechts
3005 -> TNK_OHM_RECHTS -> mcv_rex_ohm_kl_rechts
3005 -> TNK_VOL_ANZEIGE -> 8_litre

Hello!

It so happened that I am the owner of American i3 in Europe.

In the american firmware there are only three languages: English, French and Spanish. I need more European languages ​​(that is, I need a European firmware).

Question: how can I flash the machine with a European firmware, please advise me. I see two options so far:
1) find somewhere VIN of European i3, enter it in the form for downloading the update on www.bmw.com/update and through the standard update procedure through the USB to defame the machine with European firmware (if the system does not check the conformity)
2) download the Bimmercode app and try there to switch the geographic area (if this functionality exist in app)

I still am not able to use the full 2.4 gallon capacity. Can someone please tell me how you got it done through the Bimmercode app? Thanks!

Back