Just bought a 2014 BEV

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElVerde

Got a pretty good price on a 2014 BEV last night. It has 11k miles. I honestly don't know what all the packages are called, but it has the big infotainment screen, adaptive cruise, heated seats, forward collision warning etc. Seems pretty fully loaded from what I've read.

Has the two tone grey cloth/tan-brown leather interior w/ eucalyptus wood (I love), and exterior is silver.

My commute is about 5 miles each way and I'm just charging w/ the OUC in my garage for now.

Seems like this'll be pretty fun!

grats

im on my 2nd i3 (a 2014 bev) just bought a few weeks ago

be sure to monitor by hand touch the temperature of your garage outlets, plugs and associated circuit breakers to avoid my almost very bad experience

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2721

the charging current can be reduced by screen settings to ~8 or ~5 amps if necessary

If your receptacle is not worn (it should grip the plug tightly, if it's easy to insert, replace it!) and the connection of the wires to the receptacle are tight and installed properly, the receptacle should easily supply the max the OUC can provide. If any one of those is wrong, the receptacle can overheat and create problems.

I appreciate the kind words.

I preemptively reduced charging power because my needs are so low. Ill consider installing level 2 in my next place.

Back