imolazhp

Re: Coding the i3

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:42 am

Did you try searching for the entire or part of the term? Sometimes an update will move something from one section to another. From 3010 to 30D0 for example, but usually the discription stays the same. If you enter all or part of what you are looking for “PIA_AUTO_LOCK” for example in the search box it will search all sections for what you have put in the search box.

Good luck!

grinny11

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 am

imolazhp wrote:Well known issue, at some update last year or the year before the highest value able to be chosen is 16 1/2 liters (8 liters) which is 2.1 US gallons. You have to change it manually to 18 1/2 liters (9 liters) for the full 2.4 US gal. You need to change this in the “werte“ value which is hex, 18 in hex is 12. I select 8l then manually change the werte to 12.

As for the display, I could swear someone came up with a way to have it more accurately show 9l as well but I don’t have it in my coding notes, sorry. I moved from REx to BEV.

If you don’t have Facebook it’s worth signing up for even if you use a fake name and fake email address and only use it for the i3 group. The group is one of the best features of the car.

Good luck!

Facebook group is also having problems with it. Seems like Bimmercode app is doing the same thing (see photo). I tried your suggestion of the 9l using the hex value, but the gas tank eventually show 62mi on comfort mode when full so I know its not taking. It's really weird that even in the Bimmercode app, it's showing both options.

I wish I could figure this out.

alohart

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Rexi wrote:SAS
If your car is equipped with active cruise control you can change the default distance when activating ACC, by default it shows 4 blocks (longest distance), below is reducing default to 1 block (shortest distance)
LDM_Abstandsstufe_init
set from: Stufe4
set to: Stufe2

BimmerCode doesn't include a "SAS" controller. I would like to change the ACC distance default to 1 block as suggested, but I haven't learned how to do this with BimmerCode. Any suggestions?
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

Slashformayor

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 am

Hello, my first post on here. Can anyone help me code/convert to adaptive LED lights? I have the chance to get a pair of adaptive LED units but want to make sure i can actually get them to work. I believe they require coding but the connectors are the same? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”