comfort access - erm, how?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PDXelectric said:
The website is confusing, but I think that comfort access is only available as part of the Giga and Terra packages. Do you have a Mega?
He is in the UK - we don't have the Giga or Terra packages and comfort access is an individual option. Looks like either the dealer or the factory screwed up and missed it off, but either way should at least get the cost of it refunded.

What we all must be careful of is car theifs here in the UK are holding transmitter/receiver amplifiers up to front doors of houses and bridging the gap from key to car and gaining access to the car, then driving the car away.
The immobiliser chip is also read at this stage and once the car is started it can be driven away without the key until switched off.
I tried this with my i3 and left the key with my friend drove for an hour and the car did not cut off.
Maybe BMW should build into the software a constant one minute re scan of the key to combat this.

ChristopherEmmanuel said:
What we all must be careful of is car theifs here in the UK are holding transmitter/receiver amplifiers up to front doors of houses and bridging the gap from key to car and gaining access to the car, then driving the car away.
The immobiliser chip is also read at this stage and once the car is started it can be driven away without the key until switched off.
I tried this with my i3 and left the key with my friend drove for an hour and the car did not cut off.
Maybe BMW should build into the software a constant one minute re scan of the key to combat this.

We put the keys of our cars (most modern cars have this design-flaw) in a METAL box ..... shields it, fixed !
Just any box/can will do (and CLOSE the lid), just metal (bonus: we always know where the keys are).

cage of faraday concept

Back