What I enjoy the most

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiwi

Being able to accelerate fast and the wife doesn't realise as their's hardly no engine noise. :D
I had a BMW loaner car for a couple of days last week and couldn't wait to take it back due to EV's have instant acceleration.

Hahaha, I hear you!

I was pleasantly surprised by how zippy my i3 is at freeway speeds. No need to wait for kickdown, or revs to build. A quick stab at the throttle and zip... Of course, that 200 yards of "zip" costs 1-2 miles of range :D

I agree that the performance can be exhilarating (but watch the effect on the range...) however my enjoyment of it would be enhanced if BMW offered optional suitable sound effects- e.g. synthesized M5 engine & exhaust soundtrack.

Not sure if this would be sensible as an exterior warning system!

Chris

M5 sound would be great at times but I do enjoy quite as well. When I do put my foot down the engine sound is better than BMW's 2lt.

I absolutely *love* the instant acceleration and "whoosh" when you floor the throttle.
When you encounter a jerk driver that doesn't want to let you past, or change lanes, when you get on the gas in an ICE, they hear you flooring it and move to block. With the i3, the complete silence (at least from their standpoint) means you have already (safely) zipped into the gap they normally would try to close.
Stealth speed. Gotta love it :D

Back