eDrive exterior sound

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Applewood

I am thinking about including the exterior sound option in the spec of the i3 which I have ordered. Can this be switched on and off? Is it a pleasant sound?

Hi there. Sorry I haven't heard the sound and can't comment on it. However, I dont have it and have been stuck behind strolling pedestrians a few times already. Exterior sound would be helpful in such situations.

At least in the USA, this is not an option for 2014. From my understanding, it sounds up to about 30km/hr then turns off. I do not know if you have it, if you can disable it altogether as it is not discussed in the USA manual at all.

If it's anything like the one on the Leaf it will be obnoxious. One of the things I like about my i3 is no stupid noise maker.

I have had it on the loan i3 its annoying inside, sounds like a bad wheel bearing and I programmed button 5 to turn it off every time I got in the car. I am picking up my 17 plate next week and hopefully get the dealer to code it off permanently I hope! :roll:

Back