Tesla Model 3 teardown program

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Please accept my apology if posted in the wrong area. There is a program on Thursday, April 19, usually sometime in the USA East Coast afternoon:

• And speaking of the Tesla, you won’t want to miss this week’s Autoline After Hours. This is the show a lot of you have been waiting for because our special guest is Sandy Munro, who will be here to talk about his teardown of the Model 3. So if you have any questions, send them our way to [email protected] and join us for some of the best insider discussions in the auto industry.​

They live-stream the program and take questions. This is an excellent opportunity to get under the sheet metal. It is also available via podcast later and video playback.

Bob Wilson

Interesting. Quick summary...he was impressed with the lower section, said it drove quite well, but was not impressed with the build quality and the actual chassis in white. Really impressed with the circuit boards and electronics. Liked the battery and the design of the outside (subjective). Interesting side note when discussing the build quality...he put the i3 as the best car of the hundreds that they'd torn apart at the top of the heap.

If you want to watch the i3 discussion, the link is http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=37295.

Back